Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #11

Thanks for the update Wilcut.

'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #12

My headlights are held in by brackets. Are those the way to adjust th it are there places to adjust on the back of the lamp?

TheFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #13

Unhappy Headlight issue...

We too discovered our severe head light issue on a 5 hour drive in the western Nebraska. Westbound US20 without a light in sight. My high beams were on our entire drive and I never had one passing vehicle in the opposing lane flash me back.

When I looked inside the hood to see if I could make an adjustment, my head spun. The contraption that holds the head lights in place didn't make for an easy adjustment. I did what I could, but it barely made a difference.

I pulled into a Ford dealership at my earliest convenience and we told it was a Jayco issue. I eventually got home to Connecticut from Wyoming do the best we could to avoid driving at night. We dropped off the coach at the Jayco dealership and asked them to fix the headlights.

When picking up the coach, it was explained to us that Jayco will NOT fix the headlight issue. The service manager explained that Jayco is aware of the problem and they will not address it other that asking the techs to do the best they can to fix them. In speaking with the tech that worked on my Precept, he said that he did the best he could but they couldn't bring them to anywhere close to where they need to be.

This is very disappointing because it's a safety issue. My next stop it with my friends at the CT DMV for an inspection to get their professional opinion.
roaddog767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #14

Sounds like a vehicle safety defect to me. Here is a NHTSA web site where you can report the problem: Safer Car.gov (clicky)
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #15

Thumbs up

No doubt. I was debating on waiting on that. But after thinking about it and what the technician and service manager said the stance by Jayco is on this issue, I'm contacting NHTSA tonight.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:53 AM   #16

Any word(s) from NHTSA on the lights.
Wilcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #17

Just the auto reply about appreciating my email. Jayco themselves did respond and assured me that they DO fix the head light issue. They said if I can't get the dealer to do it properly, they will pay the bill from a Ford dealership. Sounds good. We'll see how things turn out when I get it out of storage in the spring.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:16 AM   #18

I have my doubts that the dealer knows how to adjust the lights. I have sent the following to Jayco and currently waiting for an answer.

Roger, Has anyone at Jayco come up with correct and acceptable adjustment procedures for adjusting the Headlight beams?

I have a 2015 35UN precept and we have a serious issue with the headlight adjustment. My dealer just finished my coach yesterday and the service included an adjustment (under warranty, Jayco paid) and the lights are as bad as they were. My low beams reach out maybe 20', about two feet more than they did before.

Have the dealers been furnished clear guide lines of the procedure of adjustment?

I'm sure you have the 'precept forum' checked from time to time to pick up any trends.

Any Assistance will be appreciated.
Wilcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #19

Thank you Wilcut & roaddog767 for staying on top of this. We all benefit from it.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcut View Post
I have my doubts that the dealer knows how to adjust the lights. I have sent the following to Jayco and currently waiting for an answer.

Roger, Has anyone at Jayco come up with correct and acceptable adjustment procedures for adjusting the Headlight beams?

I have a 2015 35UN precept and we have a serious issue with the headlight adjustment. My dealer just finished my coach yesterday and the service included an adjustment (under warranty, Jayco paid) and the lights are as bad as they were. My low beams reach out maybe 20', about two feet more than they did before.

Have the dealers been furnished clear guide lines of the procedure of adjustment?

I'm sure you have the 'precept forum' checked from time to time to pick up any trends.

Any Assistance will be appreciated.
Pennsylvania has very specific criteria for headlight alignment and aiming to pass state vehicle inspection. I would be surprised if the other states don't.

In PA a mechanic and/or the dealership can lose their legal authorization tp perform state inspections for violations. In PA all you have to do is report your concerns to the state police and they will investigate.

Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote