Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #21

Smile Precept Headlight Alignment

After researching this issue I found that my Precept 31ul has TYC 20-9009 assemblies that were manufactured for 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer and there is a video on YouTube explaining the alignment procedure. I entend to use the you tube procedure to raise my headlights up to an acceptable level.
jbw4447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #22

Keep us Posted,Please!!!!!
Wilcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #23

Same issue here, Currently my MH is at Jayco and the headlights are on the list to correct.
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #24

On a 2016 jayco 31ul headlight there is a 10mm bolt under the electrical plug. Turn it counter clockwise to raise the light or clockwise to lower it.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #25

UPDATE: Jayco said that they DO have a fix for the headlight problem and referred by back to the dealer. The dealer insisted that they DO NOT have information from Jayco about the fix and sent me back to Jayco. I contacted Jayco again and they again stated the dealership WILL make it right. I sent the email to the dealership and they never got back to me. I called them a week later and the service manager said he'd go back to the email and contact Jayco for clarification about what to do. The service manager didn't call me back for a couple days once again, so I called him. He said that Jayco told him to do it, but he informed them that this particular shop is not set up for that procedure. Basically, he said that the entire assembly must be taken out and re fabricated to hold the lights in place. This procedure, according to the manager, involved taking the metal bracket erector set styled assembly off of the fiberglass and reattaching it properly. He told me that Jayco said we should find a local truck shop to fix it. The manager then told me, "call around and get a couple estimates and get back to me." Of course, I told him the issue of finding a shop to do this job was his or Jayco's responsibility, not mine. What if the estimate was too high? Would I have to go back and get another and another? Forget that. He said he'd look into it and get back to me. A WEEK WENT BY AND HE NEVER CALLED BACK. I then called the manager or the dealership and shared my complete and utter frustration of being ignored first, then bs'd for lack of a better word. Then the failed attempt for his manager to "delegate" HIS responsibility to ME, the customer. The RV is now in a truck shop about a mile up the road from the dealership as of just yesterday. We'll see how the job turns out and I'll keep you posted.
roaddog767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:36 PM   #26

We drove our new 2016 Precept 35un back from Middlebury In to California, and experienced the same issue with the Headlight low beams.....quite insufficient! so are really interested in hearing if there is a fix for this.... thank you.
westcowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #27

Final update. After what seemed like seems like an eternity, the headlight issue was taken care of. Jayco authorized an auto body shop in CT to address the issue. The fix worked and the headlights were greatly improved. After which, we made an appointment with Jayco in Middlebury, IN to address other issues the dealership failed to fix. The Jayco team in Indiana made further adjustments to the headlights and now that are amazing! They were also able to address other issues with the coach that my dealership said they were unable to fix, like a leak in the living room slide for example. The crew at Jayco with their professionalism and attention to detail, turned what was a stressful situation, into a friendship. After meeting the team in Indiana, I know that Jayco's best days are ahead of it. We love our coach and are proud to own a Jayco once again!!
roaddog767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #28

A common issue is that the after the coach is added to the chassis it changes the alignment of the headlights and often a realignment is all that's needed.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #29

We have owned our 31ul for seven months and have no issue with the headlights. Of course I don't drive at night. Maybe that is Jayco's idea of a fix.
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote