Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

No power to captains chairs

Hi,

I have a 2015 Precept and the power went out to both front chairs, driver's and passenger's.

I tried the full recline and then upright reset but this didn't do anything.

I cannot seem to find the fuse/relay for this. I looked in the owner's manual and the F53 chassis manual but neither mention a fuse for the chairs.

Suggestions?

Thanks all!
ErnieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #2

Look under the seats and make sure the wires are connected. Our passenger seat stopped working the first time we turned it around to use and I found that the wires had been tied off to tight to make the turn. Reconnected and no problems since.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #3

Are all other dash lights and gauges working ? At least on some cars one fuse may be stated for one function , radio for example, but can also act to fuse other items.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #4

No Power to Captain's chairs

I looked under the seat and all the wires are connected. Took the lead wires coming from the floor and tested and they are dead. Have not been able to find out where the fuse/block is that controls the power to these seats. Not in the manuals anywhere.

Looked under the dash on the driver's side and found one fuse that was blown. Replaced it and still no power to chairs.

Other ideas?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #5

No Power to Captain's chairs - SOLVED

Click image for larger version

Name:	Circuit breaker1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	44111Click image for larger version

Name:	Circuit breaker.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	44112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieW View Post
I looked under the seat and all the wires are connected. Took the lead wires coming from the floor and tested and they are dead. Have not been able to find out where the fuse/block is that controls the power to these seats. Not in the manuals anywhere.

Looked under the dash on the driver's side and found one fuse that was blown. Replaced it and still no power to chairs.

Other ideas?

I traced the power cords back to a resetable circuit breaker on the frame just above the battery in the engine compartment. (see picture) They are the red moisture capped breakers in the picture.

I replaced both (one is a 10Amp, one is a 20Amp). I believe the one that controls the chairs is the 10Amp, but I changed both out as they were about $6 each.

Hope this helps others.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #6
Site Team

I found 2 of these type breakers defective on a friends SOB camper. Both worked initially but after several cycles of tripping, cool down and auto reset they both failed. I think they were inferior products. I replaced them with new ones from a auto parts store and so far no more problems.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieW View Post
Attachment 44111Attachment 44112

I traced the power cords back to a resetable circuit breaker on the frame just above the battery in the engine compartment. (see picture) They are the red moisture capped breakers in the picture.

Hope this helps others.
Thank you for posting this update. I had the issue of the connectors coming apart when the seats were swiveled around but never had to go as far as you did. I will check mine out tomorrow just to see if I have the same setup. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #8

Ernie, thanks for posting your resolution to your issue, too many people here leave us hanging on a resolution. Great work!
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote