Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PORTLAND
Posts: 6
Question ODBII Port on 2019 Precept UL31

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I can't locate the OBDII port on my new motorhome. I know what they look like, can easily spot in in my truck and car, but I've looked all around the steering wheel and under the dash and can't find the port. Did Jayco more it or something? Anyone else have trouble finding theirs?
__________________

jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
RWK
Senior Member
 
RWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Orange
Posts: 101
On my Alante I found mine just to the right side of my steering column. I had to remove the cheap plastic shroud to locate it. It was strapped to another bundle of cables. You'll need a flashlight. It had a plastic cap in the end so I kept missing it. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
Jayco Asante 31V
2012 Jeep Rubicon/SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO Braking/Roadmaster BlackHawk 2 All-Terrain tow bar
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PORTLAND
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWK View Post
On my Alante I found mine just to the right side of my steering column. I had to remove the cheap plastic shroud to locate it. It was strapped to another bundle of cables. You'll need a flashlight. It had a plastic cap in the end so I kept missing it. Good luck.

Thanks! I started to take the plastic off but thought before I go to too much trouble I'd ask someone. I'll go pull that now.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mastic Beach
Posts: 10
2018 Precept 31ul, located about midway up on steering column right side. Remove the plastic shroud and rummage through the wires. Covered with cap as previous poster said.
oventek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PORTLAND
Posts: 6
[QUOTE=oventek;744956]2018 Precept 31ul, located about midway up on steering column right side. Remove the plastic shroud and rummage through the wires. Covered with cap as previous poster said.[/QUO




Yep. Found it. Thanks, guys.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Fort White
Posts: 195
Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
JayVan, you working on a 5-star tune or some kind of data logger? i've been considerring the 5-star tune, just curious.
__________________
Michael & Angela Foret
North Central Florida
2019 Entegra Vision 31V
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PORTLAND
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
JayVan, you working on a 5-star tune or some kind of data logger? i've been considerring the 5-star tune, just curious.



I did the 5 Star Tuning. The Precept is still quite new to me, but I've driven between Phoenix and Palm Springs twice now; once before the tune and once after. There really is a difference in when the coach shifts and rpms and torque. I really won't have a good idea until I head back to Portland later this month and drive it through the mountains on I5. Based on what I've experienced so far and what I've heard from others, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it.
The only other thing I feel compelled to do is add a steering stabilizer. I think that would also pay for itself. I'm not experiencing some of the sway and roll that many talk about with the F53 chassis. Perhaps that's because mine has the 228 inch wheelbase and the 22.5 tires.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #8
Member
 
Balibe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvan2019 View Post
I did the 5 Star Tuning. The Precept is still quite new to me, but I've driven between Phoenix and Palm Springs twice now; once before the tune and once after. There really is a difference in when the coach shifts and rpms and torque. I really won't have a good idea until I head back to Portland later this month and drive it through the mountains on I5. Based on what I've experienced so far and what I've heard from others, I'm pretty sure it will be worth it.
The only other thing I feel compelled to do is add a steering stabilizer. I think that would also pay for itself. I'm not experiencing some of the sway and roll that many talk about with the F53 chassis. Perhaps that's because mine has the 228 inch wheelbase and the 22.5 tires.
Have you looked into the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix)? There is a thread on this forum at https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...chf-56869.html. If you search the internet, there is a lot of information and videos on the CHF

.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PORTLAND
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
Have you looked into the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix)? There is a thread on this forum at https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...chf-56869.html. If you search the internet, there is a lot of information and videos on the CHF

.

From what I've read, the CHF hasn't been applicable to the last two or three years of the F53 chassis. One of the reasons I bought new was the longer wheelbase and the larger tires (now used on the Precept 31UL) which evidently help the handling and ride.
jayvan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Fort White
Posts: 195
Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvan2019 View Post
From what I've read, the CHF hasn't been applicable to the last two or three years of the F53 chassis. One of the reasons I bought new was the longer wheelbase and the larger tires (now used on the Precept 31UL) which evidently help the handling and ride.

I can't speak for the precept and the particular chassis you have, but my 2019 F53 180" wheelbase, 19.5" wheel chassis sure benefited from doing it and it was very much applicable. I've done the CHF, a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer and a rear tracbar. The stock chassis had a front tracbar. The difference is night and day in the handling. The CHF and the rear tracbar making the biggest differences. You're right though the longer wheelbase and larger wheels makes a big difference too.
__________________

__________________
Michael & Angela Foret
North Central Florida
2019 Entegra Vision 31V
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.