Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by djglover7 View Post
^^^^ This!

I always change the oil on my full sized pickups. Same ground clearance.
You will save lots of beer money!
Right, good beer and a shot of good bourbon. I use my jacks to lift it higher in the front and put jack stands under the frame, let it drain and go have a beer, then change the filter. Torque the bolt and slide everything out after greasing. Drop the oil at Walmart and its done
Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Right, good beer and a shot of good bourbon. I use my jacks to lift it higher in the front and put jack stands under the frame, let it drain and go have a beer, then change the filter. Torque the bolt and slide everything out after greasing. Drop the oil at Walmart and its done

Yes. Jack up the front frame just a few inches. Makes a big difference.

I buy the Walmart Spectrum (?) Full Synthetic 5-30, 5 qt jugs, and run Wix filters. You can buy the Wix in a 12 (?) pack.

Also, I use the Fumoto valves on the oil pan. Very handy, no mess.

I keep 2-3 5gal waste oil jugs handy and only turn them in once every 6 months or so.

6 qts + 1 Wix + 2 beers, boom. done.
djglover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:27 PM   #23

I buy the 5 quart mobil 1 for 24 dollars and if they don't have it I order it and delivery is free and I buy the mobil 1 filters on Amazon
Old 08-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #24

Rush Truck Centers

If you have a RTC near you they will change oil, filter, lube chassis, and perform multi point inspection for $99. They are a national chain and Ford certified repair warranty service center. They have certified RV techs that are also Ford certified. I could change the oil but like experts looking around underneath for anything that might need checked further.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:59 AM   #25

X2
nhake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
If you have a RTC near you they will change oil, filter, lube chassis, and perform multi point inspection for $99. They are a national chain and Ford certified repair warranty service center. They have certified RV techs that are also Ford certified. I could change the oil but like experts looking around underneath for anything that might need checked further.
What kind of oil and filter do they use
Old 08-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #27

Oil change cost

1) need an oil change place with high bay doors 2) Walmart did my last one, synthetic cans off the shelf, was about $75. 3) not hard to do if you do yourself but any high door oil change place can do it reasonably.
Brians first rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 02:54 PM   #28

I usually (like every time but once so far) change it myself as well, making a point to use the Motorcraft Oil and filter. If you do this yourself, don't forget the 'L' in LOF (lube-oil-filter). Or, you can DIY every other time, and get the lube with a LOF service.

Finding a shop (nearby) that is competent and equipped to do a MH service was a bit of a challenge for me. The only place I've used when not DIY has been a local Ford dealership that has a dedicated RV service department - current pricing is $199-229 plus tax, less coupons, discounts, etc.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote