Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #1

Overhead bunk light?

Having a issue where my ceiling light above the drop down bunk in cab isn’t working. No power at the switch.

I checked the wires in the leather loom along the wall and didn’t see any bad connections.

Has anyone experienced this?

Only thing I have found were a red and a blue/red wire behind the radio stack that have female spade connectors but can’t find any open terminals back there where they would connect.

Otherwise everything seems to be working fine.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #2

You need to add your make, model and year of your rv. Otherwise good info will be hard to get.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #3

Make absolutely sure the bunk is in the completely lowered position. There is a limit switch which won’t allow power to the light if the bed is only partially lowered. You may have to reposition the two front seats so the headrests don’t prevent the bunk from being completely lowered. If you have already done this then you have a different issue. Jayco has designed it this way so the light never gets left on when the bed is being stowed. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Make absolutely sure the bunk is in the completely lowered position. There is a limit switch which won’t allow power to the light if the bed is only partially lowered. You may have to reposition the two front seats so the headrests don’t prevent the bunk from being completely lowered. If you have already done this then you have a different issue. Jayco has designed it this way so the light never gets left on when the bed is being stowed. Good luck and let us know what you find.
I’ll have to give this another try, can’t remember if I had it all the way down or not.

I did text the voltage at the switch both up and when lowered and wasn’t getting anything.

I’ll double check the connections in the loom on side as well.

Was trying to determine where Jayco taps into the 12v system for that switch.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote