Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2022, 07:01 AM   #1

Passenger arm rest reattachment

It looks like a set screw came out of my passenger side armrest. Any ideas on an 'easy' way to fix this?

It looks like I may need to remove the seat and even then it would be extremely difficult to feel around from the underneath with no visibility and no easy direct path to it. I also think I can feel the set screw, but it is difficult to pull out/get aligned in the base case. Pics attached for reference

The other option is to deal with it until I have to reupholster in a few years, but rather get it fixed now for comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220903_075004.jpg   IMG_20220903_074951.jpg  
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Team

I would have to try and get access to the area and re-attach it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:10 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler01 View Post
It looks like a set screw came out of my passenger side armrest. Any ideas on an 'easy' way to fix this?

It looks like I may need to remove the seat and even then it would be extremely difficult to feel around from the underneath with no visibility and no easy direct path to it. I also think I can feel the set screw, but it is difficult to pull out/get aligned in the base case. Pics attached for reference

The other option is to deal with it until I have to reupholster in a few years, but rather get it fixed now for comfort.
Diificult to imagine how you'd ever align the pin on the armrest with the set screw in the hinge without removing the seatback cover.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
Diificult to imagine how you'd ever align the pin on the armrest with the set screw in the hinge without removing the seatback cover.
My thoughts as well, but that seems like a pain and has a high likelihood of me causing more harm than good if I try it myself (absolutely no experience in upholstering). 🤔🤔

Do you have any experience in this space to confirm if my thoughts are accurate?
Old 09-03-2022, 08:28 AM   #5

If they are Flexsteel seats or another brand, contact the company and see if they can send you a set screw. An upholstery shop may also have a source.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #6

The arm is put on with the set screw already inserted. You hold the arm upright, push in real hard and lower it down. Same for removal.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
The arm is put on with the set screw already inserted. You hold the arm upright, push in real hard and lower it down. Same for removal.

Perfect! Exactly what I needed. After a bit of time I was able to find and fish the original pin out of the seat back. It fell off again the first time I tried reinstalling, but the second time went right in and seems 'fixed'. With the 30 minutes of experience I have now it is a 5 minute job max. Again thanks for the video/help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20220903_102358.jpg   IMG_20220903_102336.jpg  
Old 09-06-2022, 10:15 AM   #8

You are welcome.