Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #1

Passenger side window imploded

Driving along deserted highway in Texas and the front passenger window exploded into pieces. It was as if a rock hit it but there were no vehicles or people to send one sideways. This is our first big trip and put a crimp in our plans We are looking to get it replaced in AZ tomorrow. Anyone else have a window issue?
suscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #2

If there were no cars or people are you sure it wasn't a bullet?
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3359 View Post
If there were no cars or people are you sure it wasn't a bullet?
Scary.. But good thought it is hunting season after all..

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

Not a bullet. A tractor trailer passed. I think it was the pressure
Old 11-29-2017, 10:50 AM   #5

Actually tractor trailer passed on drivers side i was just so upset didnt take note
We were in the middle of nowhere. And not windy Just a defect in window! It just seemed to explode
Called Jayco, cleaned glass out of my hair taped up the hole
Jayco was great!!!! New glass being sent ASAP to our destination. Appt set in 2 weeks with dealership to fix it where we are headed All set as long as it isnt too cold. Used extra blankets last night Otherwise we are going to check out Coachnet trip interruption benefit
Old 11-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #6

This happened to us while driving on a 101 in CA (San Mateo). No one on right, left, or in front on the right. Passenger window just exploded/shattered. Luckily DW was looking at the dog. Got off the freeway and two cars followed us. First car claimed we damaged his vehicle. Second car claimed he was a witness. We called Police and filed a report. Police reported that they would have had to be very good to fire a pellet gun at 65 MPH and hit the window. Insurance company paid his claim despite my vehement protest.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #7

What happened to his vehicle since your window broke?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #8

He claimed the glass wrecked his paint job.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #9

What a jerk. The glass on our flew all the way over to the drivers side it didn’t go outside. Sounds like the woman I saw back into someone after she got impatient at a left turn and wanted to change lanes. She claimed the lady whose car she crunched rear ended her. Fortunately I witnessed it and told the police and it was ok for the victim.
A woman passed me over a double line when I was trying to make a left turn. The insurance said it was partly my fault and settled too. GRRR