Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #1

Positive Comment for Precept Warranty

We recently purchased a new 2020 Precept 31UL. Drove it to the storage facility without issue. A week or so later we took it on a short inaugural run to a nearby campground to outfit it and get acclimated. On the way there, the "Check Fuel Cap" light came on. As the dealership (Lazy Days) had filled the tank prior to delivery, I figured they didn't seat the cap properly - natural assumption, as I've done the same thing in the past. Arrived at the campground, set everything up, then took the cap off and put it back on. When we left, just as we were pulling out of the campground the light came back on.

OK, so I figured maybe it's just a defective cap, so after returning home, I went to the local auto parts store and bought another - $15 - no big deal. Next trip I installed the new cap; still, the light came on. So we went ahead, as it was another short trip, and when we got back I called the dealer. They said I had to take it to the Ford dealership as they weren't equipped for that sort of work. Took it in and next day, they called and said they had used a flexible camera to take a look above the tank, then did a smoke test to see where the lead was occurring. They discovered a broken fuel tank pressure sensor on top of the tank. There was an extra fitting that was not installed by Ford that fouled the wiring harness, and further, when the outfitters (Jayco) installed the body on the frame, they pinched the evap line and that's when the fitting on the sensor broke.

So, Ford dealer said it was not their responsibility since they delivered the chassis with tank installed and ready to be fitted with a body. I put the service writer in touch with Motorized Service at Jayco, to whom he sent the documentation, along with pictures, and Jayco agreed it was their fault.

Picked up the coach today and no more Check Fuel Cap/Check Engine light! New fuel pump and pressure sensor (integral to the pump), and all is well.

Very happy with our Precept and Jayco service!

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #2

How long was it in the shop in total?
Newsuerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:53 PM   #3

Was there a little over a week, as they had to get approval from Jayco, then order new fuel pump.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:43 PM   #4

Wow... only one week! That's impressive. We are waiting on our 2021 31UL to be delivered to the dealership in October... at least that's when we've been "promised". We aren't holding our breath on that one...! I always hear horror stories about how long RV's in general can be in the service department for warranty work. This will be our first RV ever!

Hope you are enjoying your new purchase!
Newsuerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:26 AM   #5

Yes indeed - we're really liking this coach! Just back from four nights at Deer Run RV Resort in Crossville TN. Nice spot. And the Precept did very well.