Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #11

Digbydoo,
we just purchased a 2016, 29UR and we use the ladder from the Driver overhead Queen Drop down bunk, sounds like your unit has the storage instead of the bunk.

We just came back from our first trip over the Holidays, we live in Vermont and we went to Orlando FL. to visit the kids. 3,215 miles round trip, we were blessed with no big isses only minor items like a loose microwave mount, that squeaked to no end while driving. we will take to the dealer in the spring we came home to Vermont to 8 inches of snow and -5 degrees, Hope you enjoy your trip and all goes well for you.

Precepter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #12

There is a sticker on the wall next to the drivers seat that has the information. It is close to your left leg while sitting in the driving position. It is a large rectangular yellow sticker.

Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
There is a sticker on the wall next to the drivers seat that has the information. It is close to your left leg while sitting in the driving position. It is a large rectangular yellow sticker.
I took pictures of all those stickers! It was a lot easier than trying to lay down on the floor in this cold weather and read all that stuff. I'll check it out.

Thank you.
Bonnie
digbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #14

I have the picture. It has a bunch of information about weights, the VIN number and a number in brackets after that (9F1UM0106). Is this a code for date manufactured?

Bonnie
Old 01-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #15

Sorry, I don't check the forum but about once a week. I recall it actually states the month and year of manufacture clearly, but you never know how consistent the manufacturers are considering how often they modify designs and options during the course of a year. I'll have to remember to take a picture of the sticker when I get it back from the dealer. Getting some minor work done and replacing the front AC unit, which appears to have had a slow leak in the coils.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #16

Cycledoc,
As I was exiting the coach yesterday I decided to read the stickers near the floor by the main power switch. Lo and behold it says the chassis was manufactured on 3/14 and the coach 5/14. So, I guess this was during the problem period you mentioned. No wonder the service guy was anxious we take it into a dealer for repair. The side is in now with great difficulty by me and a mobile service guy. The back bed slide is not in evenly and one side protrudes about an 1".

The RV dealer in Burlington, Wisconsin says they only do warranty work during the off season, November to March 1st!!! Have you ever heard of a dealer with that type of schedule to do work? This would mean someone only gets about 8 months of service on a 2 year warranty. And, we all know most things go wrong during the last bit of time left on a warranty, so we could be screwed if something goes wrong this fall.

Bonnie