Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #1

Precept 29V

Does anyone know what size the sewer port hole in the floor of the sewer compartment should be? The one in mine is 3” and sewer hose will not fit through it. Need to be closer to 4 1/2”. Is this a mistake or is that the way they come from Jayco?
m16303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 AM   #2

I tried looking for info on the 29MV but didn’t have any luck. The design must be different for this model because on mine I have the macerator hose which is contained in a small compartment and then I have a valve access compartment which is open on the bottom so no restrictions on hose size at all.
Hopefully someone with your model will chime in and answer your question. If not, then I would place a call to Jayco Motorized CS and ask for clarification. It is possible that the wrong size port was installed. Unless your dealer has a technician that really knows his stuff I wouldn’t put much faith in them being able to help you out. Go straight to Jayco and if the CS rep can’t help you ask for a tech who can. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #3

Thank you

Thank you for the information. I’ll see if Jayco can help me out.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

Same issue on mine
I must keep the door open, i ordered a door off amazon and will cut it in myself.
Bullet370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #5

Precept 29V

I talked to Jayco and they said the smaller access door is for the water hose, they do not supply one for the sewer hose. They said to keep door for that compartment open to run hose. I’m going to remove the smaller access door and install a 5” diameter door to run sewer and water hose.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #6

I dont like keeping the door open as it will blow around if it gets windy and bang on the side. I dont usually keep drain open unless i am staying somewhere for a while.
Bullet370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:37 PM   #7

Kitchen Sink

2020 Precept 29V.
Has anyone had a problem with the kitchen sink not draining when the RV is level and slid out extended? As soon as I put slid out in, the sink drains no problem.