Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #1

Precept 31UL bed slides

Lifted my bed up today to see a mound of wood shavings???? Found that since this bed slides on the wooden frame across two plastic bumpers that again genius that put it together didn't countersink the screws all the way causing the heads to gauge the wood and eat it up every time you brought it in or out. So instead of ranting of what a POS this unit is here is how I fixed it. Buy yourself a sheet of 1/4" HDPE (think cutting board) and cut it into 1" strips. Then countersink some 1 1/4" screws to secure. You need 5 strips at different lengths and make sure you run them the entire length of the runners (see pics). Here is a link to the stuff https://www.amazon.com/Polyethylene-...s%2C138&sr=8-2

**sorry for some reason it keeps turning the pictures sideways, just cock you head to the left
Attached Thumbnails
image0.jpeg   image1.jpeg   image4.jpeg   image2.jpeg   image3.jpeg  

Dopalgangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:14 PM   #2

Also, and since the bed slides in and out with the slide gas shocks are a no-go for a bed lift assist. Didn't think that one thru before I bought a set. Guess their going back.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #3

Has anyone figured out a way to install lift assist shocks on the slide out king bed?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopalgangr View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to install lift assist shocks on the slide out king bed?

You can't. The bed slides over the top of the lower frame where the "lower" part of the shock would mount. The only way to do it would be to fabricate a rail for the lower shock mount would be that would slide with the upper bed support.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #5

Just an update to my sliding bed dilemma. I used three of these on the middle three rails at the edge. What a world of difference in sliding in and out and no more digging into the bed frame. Just have to cut out the plastic guard
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07YW...b_b_asin_title
Attached Thumbnails
25C039B5-858E-435C-939A-40BF9EE6CA29.jpg   765ABE56-7E7F-470E-99B9-EBF2F4FE8F4A.jpg  
Old 03-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #6

Oh and my wife yelled at me for calling it a POS in my first post. I was angry when I posted that. Let's change that to having some poorly designed attributes. ��
Old 03-05-2020, 06:01 AM   #7

A couple years ago we changed our mattress to a memory foam one that is pretty heavy and our frame started catching and tearing like yours. I installed 6 strips of HDPE. I put them on the bed slide and base so they ride against each other. Haven't had a problem since.