Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #1

Precept 31UL issues

Hello we just purchased a 2018 jayco precept 31UL RV and have two befuddling issues. First the ac electrical plugs on the kitchen side only work when on shore power or generator.The inverter plugs are on the opposite side of rv are the only ones that work.Are the kitchen,bathroom and bedroom plugs only usuable when on shore/gen power?(The inverter light is on)
Second: I have DISH portable pathway2 satelite/wally reciever that will only work if i run it directly from dish to reciever to TV. The rear of the RV has satelite input connection but when i connect the dish to that input theres no power/picture to the main TVs inside. I really would like a system that is a plug in and play instead of running wires thru windows. Any ideas?Thank you Randy
randydonalies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Only certain outlets are connected to the inverter. Usually they are the ones that the tv's are plugged into and the one next to the passenger seat. All other others are only powered via shore or gen. The exterior coax connection is usually just for cable. Satellite requires direct cabling from dish to receiver, without going through a splitter like rv cable connections usually have.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_C View Post
Only certain outlets are connected to the inverter. Usually they are the ones that the tv's are plugged into and the one next to the passenger seat. All other others are only powered via shore or gen. The exterior coax connection is usually just for cable. Satellite requires direct cabling from dish to receiver, without going through a splitter like rv cable connections usually have.
Thank you for the clarifications.Ive had alot of lemon issues with this coach. No reply from the dealer yet. Why would Jayco label outside coax connections "satelite" and cable?I may try the roof prewired connections next and go for a different roof mounted dish. Hopefully that connection isnt false.Gotta have HD. Thanks
Old 10-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #4

I have a 2015 Precept and the SAT/cable hookup is in the water bay. If you connect your SAT cable there it should terminate at the top of the antenna wall plate above the passenger cabinet as mine does. You then hookup your SAT box at that termination. The grey cable coming into that area is from the TV's hook that to the TV out on your SAT box.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #5

Thank you. The dish is hooked to sat input at water bay. But somewhere between there and the gray cable must be a splitter? Im still not getting any signals to/from dish after connecting receiver(output is HDMI only) to the gray coax. Perplexing I thought this would be an easy plug and play since its prewired for solar and satelite
Old 10-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #6

Did you also turn the booster off for the antenna? The little green light on the wall plate must be off. A small button next to the light. You will also need to change the input on the TV.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #7

Yes.After trying all the different connections the Satelite repair man found the correct coaxial stuffed below the video/satelite plate inside the interior wall.He also inspected the roof to find "prewired for satelite" but couldnt find any plate to connect a roof mounted satelite option. Doesnt anybody inspect these new coaches before selling them?contacting jayco
Old 10-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #8

Email jayco and they will send a diagram showing exactly where to drill to access satellite wiring. The diagram shows a reinforced area just forward of where you drill to mount satellite.
Darrin1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #9

The grey cable in my 2018 Precept is hooked to the powered rooftop antenna. Do I disconnect that grey cable and hookup somewhere else for cable tv from the water bay?
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote