Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2021, 02:19 AM   #1

Precept 31UL: space to store portable washer/spinner?

Precept 31UL: is there enough space to store portable washer beside toilet and cabinet against window? or any other space?

one like:
https://www.amazon.com/Giantex-Porta.../dp/B01ALBMIEI

washer size : 31 x 27 x 16 inches

There is a space under bed, but washer is wet and has water, and it is not a good idea to store it under bed (not ventilated).
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:46 AM   #2

Interesting item. Our 31UL is at a storage facility, so I can't check that for you now. But I'm pretty sure it could fit in the shower, which makes sense, because it would be right there where you could fill and use it. Then when you need to use the shower you could take it out and set it out of the way temporarily.
Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichaud View Post
Interesting item. Our 31UL is at a storage facility, so I can't check that for you now. But I'm pretty sure it could fit in the shower, which makes sense, because it would be right there where you could fill and use it. Then when you need to use the shower you could take it out and set it out of the way temporarily.
Mickey
Could you help measure the space when you take your RV back from storage?

By the way, for 31UL, the bed is on the slide. Is the bed usable when slide in? In other words, the bed support underneath moves in/out with the bed? For some floorplans, 1/3 bed does not have support when slide in since the support does not move.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post

Will be a while, but if I remember to, I'll check. In the meantime, I'm sure if you check Jayco's website they'll have the dimensions listed somewhere.

By the way, for 31UL, the bed is on the slide. Is the bed usable when slide in? In other words, the bed support underneath moves in/out with the bed? For some floorplans, 1/3 bed does not have support when slide in since the support does not move.

Pretty sure the bed is fully supported on the slide. Again, have you checked the website?

Thanks.

MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #5

Quote:

Thanks.
Our 31UL is in the side yard; what would you like measured?

As for the bed: I’m pretty sure the plywood base that supports the mattress moves in with the slide but the base storage area is fixed. When the slide is in the plywood almost touches the cabinets but the area underneath (what would be walkway area when slides open) is open. That slide is only about a 12 - 18” deep.
hartlenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Precept 31UL: is there enough space to store portable washer beside toilet and cabinet against window? or any other space?

one like:
https://www.amazon.com/Giantex-Porta.../dp/B01ALBMIEI

washer size : 31 x 27 x 16 inches

There is a space under bed, but washer is wet and has water, and it is not a good idea to store it under bed (not ventilated).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartlenb View Post
Our 31UL is in the side yard; what would you like measured?

As for the bed: I’m pretty sure the plywood base that supports the mattress moves in with the slide but the base storage area is fixed. When the slide is in the plywood almost touches the cabinets but the area underneath (what would be walkway area when slides open) is open. That slide is only about a 12 - 18” deep.
Thanks for explanation. Like to know if there is enough space between toilet and sink to put a portable washer and they are still usable. Thanks for help.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for explanation. Like to know if there is enough space between toilet and sink to put a portable washer and they are still usable. Thanks for help.
There's about 13" between the toilet and cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6225.jpg  
hartlenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartlenb View Post
There's about 13" between the toilet and cabinet.
Thanks for help and taking picture. There is not enough space.