Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2021, 01:52 AM   #1

Precept 34G - queen bed?

We are considering the 34G.

I asked my dealer and they said a queen bed isn’t an option. I’m very against king size beds and we already have an Sleep Number bed that we would like to reuse.

I’ve seen the pictures from Mark’s awesome mods thread and it shows the area under the bed. It seems like it would be a fair amount of work but feasible to remove or modify what’s there and rebuild as a queen bed.

Can anyone who has opened that area confirm or reality check me?

Thanks.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #2

ependydad.... This is Mark and thanks for the compliment on my Upgrades Post/thread.

I don't think you'd need to modify anything.... just remove the King mattress, put your sleep number bed air pump/controller in the storage compartment under the bed, drill a couple holes in the plywood base to route your air hoses, lay your sleep number mattress on the king base and and you're done. If you wanted, but not needed, you could trim/cut some of the plywood overhang.

Mark
Old 05-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
I don't think you'd need to modify anything.... just remove the King mattress, put your sleep number bed air pump/controller in the storage compartment under the bed, drill a couple holes in the plywood base to route your air hoses, lay your sleep number mattress on the king base and and you're done. If you wanted, but not needed, you could trim/cut some of the plywood overhang.
Mark, thanks for responding. I'd definitely want to cut down the plywood to fit the bed. I just wasn't sure if the bed base was bigger or smaller than a standard 60" wide queen.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #4

I agree that a King in an RV is a waste of space. However, my wife loves a King. I’m 6-4 and she’s 5-4.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
34g, queen bed