Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #1

Precept 35un master bed ventilation?

Thinking of buying a Precept 35un and Overall I am impressed with the clever design details on many areas of the coach. But what seems odd is that there are not two opening windows in the master bedroom. There is a fixed long oval window above the headboard and an emergency window with a red latch but this window does not have a screen as I guess it is not designed to be opened all the time.

Have current owners found this lack of fresh air ventilation a serious problem?

Can't run the air conditioner in the rear of the coach off the battery, or does it even run on the battery and can't run the ai cond off the generator all the time either of course.

So how do you get fresh air in the master bedroom?

There is a window in the bathroom which is a good idea but no opening windows in the master bedroom?
Jeff k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #2

Well - didn't wait for an answer- bought one this morning! Blue with vanilla interior- and the emergency screen does in the master bedroom does have a screen - so that is good news!
Jeff k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #3

We have the same unit and love it. Congrats
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:10 AM   #4

We bought our 35UN a month ago and took maiden voyage last weekend, Memorial Day.

Yes, there is a screen on the emergency window, they will install it when the unit is prepped to go.

Since we have only camped on shore power I can't say about master bedroom ventilation. We always have a fan running in there anyway for white noise and use A/C for cooling.

Your A/C only works on shore power or generator power (120 V AC) and will not run off the batteries.

First mod you will do is install a latch on the sliding counter top that flies open on every right turn! All my other drawers and things stay put OK. I aired my tires up to 95psi and got better handling too. I also adjusted the mirror mounts outside on the brackets to get better views from the side cameras. There is a wrench for this in your owner's packet.

If you like how your rig looks now - wait until you wipe it down a couple times. There was a lot of "factory overspray stuff" on mine and as it came off the unit looked better and better - very shiny.

If this is your first tankless water heater, set it at lowest setting (coldest) then turn on shower hot only and see how it is. That was all we needed and even then, it was a little too warm. We were using water that came into the RV at over 70 degrees though so if you have a colder supply, you may need to turn it up higher.

We were very pleased with our first trip and all the important stuff worked as it was designed to.

Be sure to sanitize your fresh tank and lines before use. Then I recommend you spend a night in the driveway so you can see what you forgot to pack. I bought a soft water conditioner and put it inline with the supply and that was a great investment. Soft hair and skin and soap that bubbles!! Easy to connect and operate with fantastic results.

I ran a sub panel from my house to the area where I park my RV so I can plug in and keep it powered up while at home. Easy to do if you know electricity or have a friend who does. Depending on the length of run, it only cost a couple hundred bucks to do this but well worth the effort. You can find wiring diagrams online for this. Your RV becomes a guest house then!

Good Luck with your new Jayco and may it keep you safe everywhere you travel.
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #5

Our 19RD also has only a single window in the bedroom area.
Open that and any window on the other side (or rear) and there is plenty of air movement.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff k View Post
Well - didn't wait for an answer- bought one this morning! Blue with vanilla interior- and the emergency screen does in the master bedroom does have a screen - so that is good news!
Our 31UL has the emergency window as well, but it didn't come with a screen. I wish it did.
Newbie31UL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35un, ventilation