Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 AM   #1

Precept/Alante East Rally

Folks from the Facebook page would like to invite you to our mini rally. It will be May 10-13, although I plan on being there
all week. It's in a beautiful part of Virginia near Staunton. Several of us are at or near sire 80. Come and join us.

https://www.walnuthillscampground.com/
hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #2

Aww, darn. I would so be there but I am already going to be on vacation overseas. Hope everyone enjoys! If possible can you post the link to the Facebook group?
Old 05-01-2019, 05:28 AM   #3

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1948780315361053/

Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Seems i’m a man without a country.

I own an Entegra Vision 31V which is manufactured by Jayco according to my manufacturing data plate and my vin number and is identical to the Allante 31V.

The entegra owners don’t welcome the gas coaches to their homecoming, and generally thumb their nose at the gas coaches. Somewhat understanding since the coaches are so drastically different gas vs diesel, ford vs freightliner chassis, air brakes vs hydraulics, etc...

What took me completely by surprise is that the Jayco Precept/Allante Facebook page doesn’t allow entegra visions since its not a jayco according to them.

Maybe it’s just me, but I welcome any and all who are willing to help troubleshoot and support fellow RVers. Guess I’m just trying to fit in, and i’m glad the Jayco Owners Forum accepts the Entegra coaches, because it seems no one else does.

Disappointing to say the least...
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:45 AM   #5

Foretm, since I am one of the administrators for the Facebook page let me check. I think the Entegra gasser came out after the original two questions (do you own precept or alante) were put on the Facebook sign up page. The questions had to be put up for lurkers that did not own either unit. I will also say another Facebook page just started that includes all gassers and diesels.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Hawkster, I heard back from Kelly Shelton Rutherford last night and she confirmed that the admins "made the decsion to keep the group to just Precepts and Allantes for now". This was after I explained how the coaches are identical except for emblems and paint and a couple minor options, roll of the same assembly line, and my data plate and my recall notice says Jayco not Entegra.

It's all good... if i'm not welcome, its their group, their choice. Just think its short-sighted that's all. I join these groups and forums for community and support, not exclusivity, so if that's what they're after, its not my bag anyway.

I appreciate the heads-up on the group and the rally. For me the Entegra was a matter of convenience, not the name. I knew going in this was a Jayco product and I was good with that. There was not a single Jayco Allante 31V within 300 miles of me at the time of my purchase, so I went with the Entegra. Who knew...
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #7

https://www.facebook.com/groups/368572697090285/

Foretm, this is a new group that includes Entegra gassers. They will be happy to have you as a new member.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #8

Hey Hawkster,

Sneaked up on me so I'll likely not be there unless we come via car. Staunton was temporary home for about 6 months so very familiar with the territory. Looking for lots of pictures after the event.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:29 AM   #9

NickM. It should be fun. A couple of us are bringing motorcycles too and the riding is superb there. DW is driving the car pulling 2 bikes and I am getting to test the Trac bar thru West Virginia.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
NickM. It should be fun. A couple of us are bringing motorcycles too and the riding is superb there. DW is driving the car pulling 2 bikes and I am getting to test the Trac bar thru West Virginia.
The north end of WV Turnpike should be a great test with all the curves and big rigs competing for lane width.