Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #1

Precept macerator

On our first trip with our new to us 2018 Precept 31UL our macerator quit. It hums but will not pump. I downloaded a manual from Thetford and see where you remove an access plate to remove clogs. Has anyonedone this? Will I need to replace the impeller too?

Thanks,
Will
FreeWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #2

Does anything drain through the hose? Grey water? The last time we camped, nothing came through the hose and it turned out to be a blockage right at the end of the hose where it meets the grey sewer adapter. Once that cleared it worked fine.
JaycoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #3

Found a blockage, cleared it, took access plate off and checked all looks good now. Guess I will define out on our next trip next week.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #4

What was it like removing the access plate? Where is it located anyway?, and what kind of a “stink” and mess did you have to deal with. Kudos for even pursuing this!, I have no hesitation dumping tanks, but I’d think twice before digging into the Macerator housing. So curious for more insights into what all you did, how, and any pictures if you’re so inclined.
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #5

It wasn't bad I had fished the tanks out well and they were empty. The macerator is under the coach behind the hose box, it's a grey box that the hose and pipes connect to. You remove 6 screws I believe from a clear access plate on the bottom of this box. I don't have pictures, but there is a thread on this for am where someone else ran over a branch and he has pictures of the macerator mounted and removed.

I talked to That fire and was told that this pump is not repairable and would need to be replaced if the impeller was bad, luckily mine was just clogged. I haven't had a chance to test it in action yet but will next week.