Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #21

We have over 12000 miles on our 31ul and have spent aprox four months living in it. Love it!!! DW and I are anxious for our next trip, next week. Sure we've had minor problems but our dealer has been fantastic and taken care of us. Im going to have to winterize the unit for November and December then well be off for Arizona and California for the winter, back to Ohio in the spring and do it all over again. We tow a 2006 Saturn Vue with no problems. Love the camper, love the trip, love the wife.
2 dogs
1 wife
US Army Vet. 66-68
Private pilot
rahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #22

We started with the 31UL and had some issues. Also we got ours before they had the overact bunk that we wanted. We went to the RV show to check out installing MCD duo shades since we dislike the curtain. Ended up trading up to the 35UN to get the bunk and the shades. We lived in our 35UN for 6 months (April to October) and put on over 10,000 miles. It handles much better than the 31UL dos to larger tires and GVW. It had issues that were all dressed by Jayco CS. I have issues with the Bed that you have to climb a step to get into (I need a stool), the bedroom closed that is too short to hang a shirt or jacket and the shower that is difficult to get in and out of despite the handicap bar we installed.
We saw the 35S at the Hershey Show and absolutely love the layout, the king walk around bed, the larger shower and larger drawers and closets. We also like the fact that you can have the outside ladder since we put a cover on to protect from the Florida sun. Even the drawers below the stove are larger than in the 35UN.
If you haven't had the chance, check out the 35S. It is a gem.
towing Honda CRV
lilmoover35UN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #23

McGarrett50, I was wondering how or where you got the map for below you signature.
towing Honda CRV
Old 10-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #24

Sounds like us. Started with 31ul, moved to 35un, and your issues are the same as ours. Will check out the new units this spring at the Tampa show.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #25

lilmoover35UN, here you go: Visited States Map by epgSoft
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsnc View Post
Sounds like us. Started with 31ul, moved to 35un, and your issues are the same as ours. Will check out the new units this spring at the Tampa show.
Not sure if we will be there this year. DH says these RV shows are dangerous.
towing Honda CRV
Old 11-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #27

Jacobsnc - We'll be at the show too. Looking forward to seeing the 2016s....
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #28

Just ordered a 31ul. stepping up from a Forest River trailer. The 50" TV sealed the deal. Has anyone considered theater seating instead of the couch?
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #29

preceptjoe, good luck with your new coach. yes, we thought about it. Especially after seeing what Tinman353 did in his. See his pictures, he did a great job. After spending 3 months in ours, we fell into a habit. DW sits on the couch and I sit in the driver's seat (turned around) with a TV tray between us. Hard to beat.

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #30

Hi preceptjoe, WELCOME AND CONGRATULATIONS on your Precept.

We have a great group of Precept Owners @ http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html
Click on the link and join us. There are presently 88 Precept Owners from all over the US & Canada & internationally.
Read through the threads and you will gain some very useful info.
We look forward to your contributions as well.
Darrell
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by preceptjoe View Post
Just ordered a 31ul. stepping up from a Forest River trailer. The 50" TV sealed the deal. Has anyone considered theater seating instead of the couch?
Everyone has...we all hate the couch. Just need to find something that fits is all. Join the Precept Owners Group and you'll see some of the upgrades we've made.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #32

Hi,

I am new and have never been on a forum before. We are thinking to purchase the 2016 Jayco Precept 35S. Does anyone know what the enhancements are from the 2015 to the 2016? Thank you.
rving4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #33

Upgrades

The best and most important upgrades is the new driver and co-pilot chairs. They have lumbar support which the previous ones did not. This upgrade alone makes it worth buying. Also, macerator on the sewage disposal. Exterior change includes white trim around the basement doors rather than black. Not a big deal.
chuckandcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rving4fun View Post
Hi,

I am new and have never been on a forum before. We are thinking to purchase the 2016 Jayco Precept 35S. Does anyone know what the enhancements are from the 2015 to the 2016? Thank you.
I will list what I see as advantages of 2016 35S over 2015 35UN
1. 6 speed vs 5 speed
2. TV is not behind window dressing allowing easier access to back of tv
3. Cabinet instead of hole below counter at TV
4. Stove is set below counter with removable counter pieces to make a large smooth counter.
5. Larger drawers under stove
6. Regular instead of U-shaped dinette
7. Rectangular shower instead of corner shower. Easier to get in and out of.
(So we lose some towel storage)
8. King vs queen bed and thicker mattress. 35UN has lousy thin mattress due to function of sliders
9. Cabinets above head of bed are deeper
10. Closets are tall enough to hang clothes
11. Drawers in bedroom have better storage and easier access.
12. In the 35S, there is nothing to use as a nightstand. We will be jury rigging something for this.
Have you noticed other things. Please let us know.
towing Honda CRV
Old 08-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #35

Yes I would

We have a Jayco precept 35 un really love this vehicle no problems sometimes in the wind a little squirrely but it is a large box. My opinion and it's just my opinion is that people expect more out of these larger RVs and unless you're willing to spend the money to get into the bigger pushers. We had an older Seneca really like the motor and transmission but for Comfort we decided to go and upgrade to the precept missed the diesel but getting used to the gas we bought ours you so all the bugs were out of it no issues owned it for a year been on the road for 3 months no real issues
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #36

Yes, I would.
We picked up our 2016 Precept 35S this past April and have used it 6 times on mostly 2-4 day weekend outings putting on about 3,000 miles. The floor plan is fantastic and one item which we never would have ordered but came with the coach is the washer/dryer combo and now would never give it back. Yes, we have had some issues but Jayco Motorized CS has been a pleasure to deal with. Since I live so far from a dealer I fix most things myself. If I can't do it myself I take it to a local repair shop where I pay for it and get reimbursement from Jayco with never a quibble. The 2 year warranty was important to me so that I could have two camping seasons to work out the bugs. YES, we would do it again!!!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #37

Yes, We took delivery of our '16 35S a year ago April. It's had it's issues but our dealer (Blade RV in Mt. Vernon, WA) is only an hour away and they do a great job at making things right. We bought our second motorhome first. When looking we started with 32' coaches and st some point did a side by side comparison with a 31UL and the 35S. When we retire in a couple of years all we need to do is have the washer/ dryer put in and we're good to go. In the meantime we have purchased a '14 Honda CRV and have it set up to tow, installed kayak racks on top and installed a receiver hitch on the back for out bike rack on the CRV. Mods to the coach have been the CHF and Koni shocks and SafeTplus steering stabilizer, added (2) Group J185 batteries which give us 430 AH on top of the coach batteries, added the propane Extenda-stay and have done some storage mods in the coach and in the storage compartments. We're ready to go!!
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
Looking at a 31UL and wondering if other owners feel they got a good rig for their money and if they would but it again if they were in the market for the same size/featured RV?
For the same money yes, knowing what I know now the answer is no. I would pay more and and go with either Newmar or Tiffin.

Having put 4000 miles on a 2016 31UL and now having 4000 miles on a different coach it's been night and day difference. But, it cost more too.

Steve
Old 08-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #39

31ul unless its a 17 or newer no-take a new one out for a long test drive in wind and then the one your looking at...
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukester View Post
31ul unless its a 17 or newer no-take a new one out for a long test drive in wind and then the one your looking at...
I'm assuming this was in reply to my post?

I know the tire size of the 2017 is larger (22.5) but the wheel base is the same giving the back wheels (in round numbers) at 49% the length. The coach I spoke about is over 53% and also on a 26k lb chassis vs. 22k for the 2017 31UL.

Beyond that the two "other manufactures" have better sound proofing around the dog house, double pane windows, etc. which make a much more quiet coach when driving.

But, they cost more.

Steve