Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 01:11 PM   #21

Just buy a maxxair fan for bathroom and be done with it. They move tons of air and if you get the one with the remote and motorized opening, you can always run it and not worry about rain coming in.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinehikeski View Post
Just buy a maxxair fan for bathroom and be done with it. They move tons of air and if you get the one with the remote and motorized opening, you can always run it and not worry about rain coming in.

Where is the air going to come from? I see you have a tent trailer so you probably don't have any idea what the reason is for wanting to convert an emergency window into a regular RV window in the back bedroom of a Class A.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #23

We have an Entegra Qwest which is the Melbourne Prestige. 22,000 miles. First thing we did was alter the window scene. We have two prop sticks for our window. the longer one is notched and the notch helps it to fit on the little fin on the window glass. For the screen I had it made at a hardware store and while I was there I went to the bathroom section and got mounts for a mirror. I then used four of the window frame installation screws, unscrewed and then reinstalled them to put the mirror clips on. 20,000 plus miles and two years later no issues. We also pulled out the plastic limiters out of the other frameless windows that limit how far the two arms can come together. It has made the unit so much more bearable as we are not really fans of the AC.
Attached Thumbnails
20200530_115609.jpg   20200530_115642.jpg   20200530_115614.jpg   20200530_115634.jpg   20200530_115733.jpg  

20200530_115711.jpg  
kayakkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #24

additional info

With the solution using the 4 mirror holders I can easily slide the screen up when installing the boards or opening closing the windows. Unlike the bar option some people have installed this still remains a window you can get out of in an emergency.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakkeith View Post
With the solution using the 4 mirror holders I can easily slide the screen up when installing the boards or opening closing the windows. Unlike the bar option some people have installed this still remains a window you can get out of in an emergency.

You're wrong. My window is still a 100% an emergency window. There is nothing to stop my window from opening 180 degrees.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:09 PM   #26

Rear Widow Prop Strut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Like this?
I like the little folding strut you found to hold your rear window open. Where did you find that item, if you don't mind my asking?
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #27

Hey that is great Vicr that your window is still an emergency window! My wife and I have enjoyed the simplicity of the wood struts and the variation that allows. She likes a wide open window! Either way seems to be a positive solution that allows the window to get more air and both offer screen solutions. Here is a link to the bar install that Vicr suggested. https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...0894737&sr=8-1
Old 05-31-2020, 04:57 AM   #28

We used fiberglass screen with velcro tabs at corners and centers to cover window from the inside. It is held open with a PVC telescoping tube with a thumbscrew tapped into it.

Works well and is versatile but need to find a better way to secure the support tube. The window does not fall out at any angle when open. Window can be a head banger from the outside. Towing while open is not recommended.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 07:37 AM   #29
Site Team

How is that bracket attached to a frameless window? Epoxy?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:04 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
How is that bracket attached to a frameless window? Epoxy?

The L metal is on from the factory. It's what the emergency window latch is riveted to.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #31

How about two small c clamps attached to a pre-cut length of rod? One clamp with felt attached to the frameless window and the other attached to your camper..
ericloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #32

Sorry for the delay on my own thread. We were without the rig for several weeks due to warranty work. Check Engine Light. "known issue". blergh.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. We have tabled this one until the weather is cooler (and we'd want to sleep with the windows open. That means adding a screen, too.) It would be nice to help us cool down the rig on departure day, but we're doing okay with that.

Someone asked about how the window locks...and now that we have her back, yes, there is a metal piece there that we could use.

Thanks for all the advice, ideas. I think I know how I want to do the prop (from PVC). I'll need to think on a good velcro/similar screen that can still break away instantly for egress.
GiselleOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
egress, window, windows open?