Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #1

Quartzsite?

Are there any Alante/Precept get togethers at Quartzsite?

We thinking of stopping there. No plans as to how long or where we’ll go after that...
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #2

Prolly several class A Jaycos there but no internet to read forums with!!! Ha Ha
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #3

We are going for a few days. Probably will stay in Parker and drive down sometime mid week.
Coachhark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #4

Hold out a couple weeks if you can. The big flea market takes off in January - big time!!!
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #5

If you're going there, stop by and see my buddy at laddergadget. Tell him Dustdevil sent you. Hell, I might even be there during that week.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #6

We are going out Jan 15th for the fun, will boondock (what else) for 3 weeks or so with friends, total of 4 or 5 rigs. We have a great by Dome Rock we use.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:24 AM   #7

If it ever stops snowing we'll be headed south after Xmas. We'll be in Quartzsite area for the show. Probably up off Plomosa Rd.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #8

No snow here, might get some going over the pass, don’t know how you folks up in Canada survive the winter. I am not a cold weather person, like to look at the snow, from behind glass next to a fire with a hot drink in hand. In any case it’s only 600 miles to Quartzsite from here. I was stationed in Alaska for 3 years and got my quota of snow.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #9

Only a 90 minute drive from home but the Big Tent event is a one-time see it and enjoy.
We owned a previous brand RV and were banished by our group in the BLM LTVA camping because we bought a Jayco.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #10

That seems a bit small minded, not very good friends. This will be only my second time at Quartzsite, we normally boondock in Winterhaven outside of Yuma during the winter. Lots of open space so no close neighbors. And Yuma is only 20 miles for food and water run, done in the toad. I have a 45 gal bladder that fits in the CRV so I don't need to move the rig.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
That seems a bit small minded, not very good friends. This will be only my second time at Quartzsite, we normally boondock in Winterhaven outside of Yuma during the winter. Lots of open space so no close neighbors. And Yuma is only 20 miles for food and water run, done in the toad. I have a 45 gal bladder that fits in the CRV so I don't need to move the rig.
Up Ogilby Rd way? We're planning on going there at some point this winter, also Senator Wash area.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Up Ogilby Rd way? We're planning on going there at some point this winter, also Senator Wash area.
You got it, about 1.5 miles up Ogilby on the right, good spot for racing dirt bikes or quads, lots of GeoCache spots if you do that. Where is Senator Wash? Do you have the GPS coordinates? Inquiring minds and all that.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
You got it, about 1.5 miles up Ogilby on the right, good spot for racing dirt bikes or quads, lots of GeoCache spots if you do that. Where is Senator Wash? Do you have the GPS coordinates? Inquiring minds and all that.
Other side of the mountains by Imperial Dam 32.903629, -114.490810
Old 12-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #14

Thanks, I will check it out, always looking to add new spots to my list, we don't care a lot for close in and packed RV parks, only while going from A>B, we prefer lots of space and peace and quiet.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #15

I’m glad to see people chatting about going! Some things have come up that we have to be home to deal with so I’m not sure when we will be able to hit the road.

In the past we went to Florida and my wife (the musician) had 3 months of shows booked and I had reservations for just about every night. This year no shows booked and no reservations made - going to be very different trip this year.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #16

So I'm really glad someone's talking about Quartzite. I've never been but had been thinking about going next month & trying to catch the big show. The experience looks really interesting. But... I'm not really set up to boondock at this point. Have I waited too late to find a hookup spot?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretasDad View Post
So I'm really glad someone's talking about Quartzite. I've never been but had been thinking about going next month & trying to catch the big show. The experience looks really interesting. But... I'm not really set up to boondock at this point. Have I waited too late to find a hookup spot?
Do you have a generator? Small or onboard? You can drycamp/boondock with any trailer as long as you can recover your power usage somehow. There are a number of full hookup parks in Quartzsite but I would think that during the show they will be booked.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #18

I'm pre-wired for an onboard gen but haven't yet justified the expense of adding one. In the interim I've considered getting a portable for opportunities like this Quartzite trip or even just for at-home emergency preparedness.

Santa??
Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #19

I used a small Champion unit before I put on the solar panels. I still carry it with me in case of extended cloudy days. If you are really frugal on your battery drain (and have more than one installed) then you could get by with charging from the truck connection but it would be slow.

The Champion is 2000w and I used to run it for a couple of hrs in the morning and a couple in the early evening.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Do you have a generator? Small or onboard? You can drycamp/boondock with any trailer as long as you can recover your power usage somehow. There are a number of full hookup parks in Quartzsite but I would think that during the show they will be booked.
Yeah, anything with hookups was booked six months ago. Unless you want to go as far away as Wickenburg or Phoenix or Havasu.