Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Question about the 31UL speakers

So the Furion television speaker in the dinette is complete crap. As far as I can tell, the speakers in the ceiling are only for the in-dash system and do not work with the TV. Also, the IR receiver in the TV is still obscured when the TV is raised to the highest point. I have to hold the remote over my head to get it to work.

Has anyone had any experience with these same problems, and have you found solutions?
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #2

Ours is a 2016 but same symptoms. I removed the top shelf off the TV and adjusted it upward on each side. Two screws each side were #2 square drive. We were able to use the overhead speakers with the tv but had to go into an 'aux 2' menu on the radio and adjust volume up for the speakers. They aren't that good so bought Bose pc speakers and mounted on each side of the tv. Much better. Some have mounted a sound bar which would be good also. My speakers are small and just sit on the shelf on each side of the tv.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster View Post
Ours is a 2016 but same symptoms. I removed the top shelf off the TV and adjusted it upward on each side. Two screws each side were #2 square drive. We were able to use the overhead speakers with the tv but had to go into an 'aux 2' menu on the radio and adjust volume up for the speakers. They aren't that good so bought Bose pc speakers and mounted on each side of the tv. Much better. Some have mounted a sound bar which would be good also. My speakers are small and just sit on the shelf on each side of the tv.
Does your TV retract? Because there is no room on any side of my TV to put speakers. And I think the TV is as high as it can go on the bracket.
xraymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #4

Yes I have the elevator tv. On mine there was a good inch of up down movement on the side screws. The tv is usually all the way down from the factory since the weight puts it there in the vertical slot. (So much for quality control). These are just side screws on elevator no need to remove from middle large bracket. The speakers are p.c. speakers and small but put out a nice sound pointing at you unlike tv or overhead speakers.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

On my 2016 31ul, i mounted a yamaha soundbar above the valance. It fit with 2" to spare. Great sound.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #6

Overhead speakers in 31ul for tv

In our 2018 31UL. we put the indash radio on auxillary and it works on TV. Sounds great!
BOB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB4 View Post
In our 2018 31UL. we put the indash radio on auxillary and it works on TV. Sounds great!
BOB4
Which in dash unit do you have?
The Garmin/Fusion infotainment?

Rick B.
Finemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
BOB4
Which in dash unit do you have?
The Garmin/Fusion infotainment?

Rick B.