Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #1

Questions About New 2021 Alante 29F

Hello all,

I finally picked up my new Allante this past weekend. So far so good. I do have a few questions that I'm hoping someone on this forum can answer.

1) The front drop down overhead bunk rattles while driving. It seems as though on the rails on the sides that guide the bed but aren't quite snug enough. Has anyone been able to stop the rattling the front drop down overhead bunk?

2) When coming into the coach, there is a set of controls by the front stairwell behind the passenger seat. Is that the only location that you can turn on/off the main lights for the living room? The location is fine for when you're coming in or out of the coach, but once you're in the coach and you need to turn off the lights, you actually have to squat down to turn off the lights. That doesn't make much sense, am I missing a switch somewhere?

3) How much weight do the exterior storage bins hold? Am asking, because I'd like to be able to store one of my Rtic coolers in there. It happens to fit perfectly, however I'm concerned about the wait.

Thank you all in advance,

Esqui
Esqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:34 AM   #2

Esqui
My input in red below.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esqui View Post
Hello all,

I finally picked up my new Allante this past weekend. So far so good. I do have a few questions that I'm hoping someone on this forum can answer.
Congrats

1) The front drop down overhead bunk rattles while driving. It seems as though on the rails on the sides that guide the bed but aren't quite snug enough. Has anyone been able to stop the rattling the front drop down overhead bunk? Assuming your bunk is the same as in my Precept 34G, mine makes no such rattle/noise. I'd have it looked at and corrected. You might check under the mattress where they store extras, e.g., table top and post for between the seats, ladder, etc to make sure they are causing the noise you hear. Have you tried to manually shake the bed to pinpoint where it's coming from?

2) When coming into the coach, there is a set of controls by the front stairwell behind the passenger seat. Is that the only location that you can turn on/off the main lights for the living room? The location is fine for when you're coming in or out of the coach, but once you're in the coach and you need to turn off the lights, you actually have to squat down to turn off the lights. That doesn't make much sense, am I missing a switch somewhere?
Yep, that's the way they built it. Strange design. We tend to use the side uplighting most of the time vs the "main" bright lights.
I suppose you could add a new switch, but that wouldn't be too easy. If would be even better if they make a 3-way switch and/or a remote switch.... I think I'll investigate the wireless remote switch option.

3) How much weight do the exterior storage bins hold? Am asking, because I'd like to be able to store one of my Rtic coolers in there. It happens to fit perfectly, however I'm concerned about the wait. This is a great question on the storage bin weight limit. And, I wonder, if one adds a few more screws the weight limit could be raised? Or, It it limited because of the plastic weight limit?

Thank you all in advance,

Esqui
Old 02-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF and congratulations on your new coach.
For the OH bunk check the tightness of the screws where the vertical rails are attached to the wall on both sides. Road vibration will make them work loose.
The storage bins will sag over time from the weight of items placed in them. Do a search and you will find similar threads addressing this issue. My resolution was to cut plywood to fit the bottom of the bins and secure them with stainless bolts and fender washers. This helps distribute the weight and keeps the bottom from bowing.
Good luck and enjoy the lifestyle.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:02 AM   #4

Thank you for the quick reply...

The rattling appears to be coming from the bed swaying back and forth, and it's guide nobs hitting/rubbing the sides of the guide rails. The bed goes up and down via a motor and a seatbelt type pulley system. The guides on the wall do not appear to support the bed at all. I think I may jus have to put some rubber grommets on the top of the slide rails?
Old 02-16-2021, 08:04 AM   #5

Thank you for the advice... I will definitely look into the screws the guide rails.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:16 AM   #6

My results for a quick search for wireless remote 12v switch.... I have it on order!
https://www.amazon.com/AGT-Waterproo.../dp/B0068D0OBI
Mark
Old 02-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #7

That's great....thanks again.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:26 AM   #8

One other thing, does anyone know how to turn off the Sony radio in the dashboard? I go to options, I hit Source off, and I turn off the screen, but the lights stay on. Does that mean the radio is off? I hate to have the RV park and it drain a battery.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:41 AM   #9

Sorry to say, but it's on. I personally don't like that Jayco wired it that way... However, I assume they did that because the Sound system is also used as the RV sound (meaning you want to use it even if the ignition is turned off).

I added a switch.... here's my link showing how I did it: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...34g-81805.html

As you'll see in the link, I added other switches to control Garmin GPS, dedicated camera monitor, etc.

Mark
Old 02-17-2021, 06:48 AM   #10

Thanks again for your help. You are a great resource for this forum! I really appreciate it.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #11

We just purchased a new 29F as well. So far so good, no real issues other than the track for the overhead bed needing some additional screws to keep it steady. What type of water heater did you get? Mine happened to have a Girard tankless vice the 6 gallon traditional. I think (hope) this is an upgrade. We won’t be doing any extended boondocking so the water use while it warms up is a non issue. I do want to add a light over the vanity, just need to figure out what is in the ceiling there before cutting a hole for another recessed LED.
Cheers!
Tarjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #12

I picked an Alante that had the 6 gallon water heater tank. My experience with Girard's tankless water heater in my last coach wasn't great. It never really worked with any water pressures and water flows of the campgrounds I stayed at. The hot water would come in and out at randomly.

I found the problem with the overhead bunk. It seems that the driver side has some type insert that sits in the slide rails held by a screw coming from within the bed. The passenger side is missing that insert. I already reached out to Jayco to get a part number so that my dealer can order it under warranty.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:23 AM   #13

Fingers crossed on the girard. I had both rails but they had worked themselves loose. I had the tech double up the number of screws, hopefully it holds.
Tarjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:29 PM   #14

Can anyone explain how to drain the fresh water tank on a 202 Alante with a Nautilus system? I've tried opening up the valve on the blue hose marked "low point" (on the right) but only a drip comes out. This is my first motorhome with the Nautilus system, do I need to set the Nautilus system to a specific setting in order to drain the fresh tank?
Old 02-28-2021, 06:31 AM   #15

Open your faucets and shower incase a vacuum was created?

Worth a try. Otherwise, the value may not be opening correctly.

Mark
Old 02-28-2021, 07:01 AM   #16

I'll give it a try. As always, thank you.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #17

Our overhead bunk did the same thing. The screws came out the wall on our first trip. Rattled the whole time..bed operated just fine. Gonna add some screws and some gorilla glue double sided tape.
JHaynes909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alante, light switch, overhead bunk, questions, storage bay weight limit