Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #1

Rear A/C Thermostat Location

Does anyone have any experience moving the thermostat for the bedroom A/C? On a recent camping trip, I wanted to only run the bedroom A/C in our Alante. We were sitting outside visiting with relatives who came over to the campground going in-and-out getting refreshments and to use the bathroom so I slid the door to the bedroom shut and turned the A/C on so that the bedroom would be nice and cool when we retired for the night. After a couple of hours, it occurred to me that the A/C was still running and had never shut off. I went in and checked and you could have stored ice cream in there. Then it occurred to me that the thermostat was in the hallway OUTSIDE the bedroom so when the door was closed, the thermostat thought it was still 90+ degrees in there. Since the door slides along the wall right next to the thermostat, simply moving it around the corner won't work. Any thoughts?
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #2

Thermostat

We have a 2017 31V and our bedroom thermostat is located in the bedroom on bathroom wall. the one in the hallway controls the front AC. We open the bathroom door to close off the back area and then can control both AC from bedroom temp. Don't know if that helps or not.
KenAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #3

KenAK, I guess we could prop the bathroom door open to block the rest of the coach. I'm really looking for solutions to only use the bedroom A/C when boondocking.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote