Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #1

RECOMMENDATION NEEDED -- Windshield Repair in NJ

Possibly a long shot here... Looking for recommendations for a shop to repair/replace the windshield in an Alante 31R. That big, beautiful, one piece caught a stone and I have a nice deep chip with 1/2" runs on either side of it - total damaged area a little more than an inch.

Not sure if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced, but the glass shop I usually use won't work on Class A motorhomes. Any recommendations you have are appreciated.

Thank you!

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:13 PM   #2

Try Safelite to see if they can repair it. If it needs a whole windshield, Nationwide RV Glass.

www.safelite.com

www.nationwidervglass.com
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:16 PM   #3

Thank you!

Have you used Nationwide RV Glass before? I came across them, and a few others like them, Googling. I am hesitant to go with a company for something like this without any first hand reviews/experience.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #4

No, I haven't. I have used Safelite.

Here's another www.mobilervglass.com
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:31 PM   #5

When my son was in Assateague island last summer he developed a spiderweb crack in the windshield of his 1993 Winnebago from a rock that hit it on the trip down from Ma. While at the island he contacted his insurance company, and they arranged for a mobile glass company to do the repair at the island. Well this poor guys shows in a beat up pickóup, with a driver side windshield in the bed. Right from the beginning it was obvious he was over his head doing this repair. No ladder, very little tools, and most of all no knowledge! He had to borrow tools from my son and attempted to go at it. He scratched the camper, & ripped the dashboard with a utility knife. My son had had enough and told him to GO! After calling the insurance company back and forth the finally arranged to have it done at a place in Glen Bernie MD on his way back home. My son said this place was amazing. They knew exactly what tools were needed, what & how to remove the trim, etc. and had it done in about 4 hrs. It may be a little far for you to travel, but the place is called Automotive Concept Maryland.
http://www.automotiveconceptsmd.com/
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #6

I run Maintenance and Operations for a motorcoach company here in the Hudson Valley (Southern NY) We have an awesome glass guy that does all our windshield repairs and another great local company that does our replacements. How far are you from the Nj/ NY border? If you are willing to travel up this way I can arrange a time for you to come to our shop and have it taken care of. I know it's probably a longer ride than you wanted but both these guys are excellent and they stand behind their work. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:21 PM   #7

Thank you to everyone that responded. I actually ended up calling my dealer for a recommendation (not sure why I didn't do that first) and they recommended a glass shop and even called ahead for me. They were courtesy, professional, and very easy to work with. They felt repair was worth a shot and if the windshield needs to be replaced later they will deduct the repair cost from the replacement.

If you're in the South Jersey area and need glass work on your RV give AllState Auto Glass in Pilesgrove a call.