Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2023, 07:21 PM   #1

Removal repair RecPro RV Water Management Panel | Nautilus P3

Need help advice. JAYCO alante 31r owners. Did not winterize.. from other research and trial and error we’ve concluded that a few of our connections plumbing fittings and or pipes fittings on the back of our RecPro RV Water Management Panel | Nautilus P3
Water system have leaks cracked or are leaking big time.. what’s the best way to repair? Remove the panel? Any thoughts ideas help would be appreciated.

One other related question. I realized we had the water system problem when I went to fill the tank with fresh water. Water was pouring out of the low point. Our water filter had cracked in the freeze? Quick trip to camping world and they didn’t carry the filter canister JAYCO had installed. I bought a 3 or 4 inch piece of plastic pipe and bypassed the filter. Is this ok? Typical, JAYCO didn’t even put a filter in the canister. This worked great yet this is when we realized the fittings had been compromised. Filled the tank with fresh water. Turned the settings to dry camping turned on the pump and water was spraying out of fittings everywhere on the back of the panel. I’m a rookie yet don’t feel like paying 200 an hour at a shop. Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
129693AB-8FDF-4A4D-BACA-B8F7FE11424B.jpg  
AfricaUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:08 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Not speaking from experience, as i've never removed or had to work on the plumbing behind the Nautilus P3, but if I woke up in your shoes tomorrow, I think I would remove the entire panel and try to fix the pipes on the back outside the RV, then re-attach it once all that is confirmed resolved. Trying to work on it in place will only result in alot of back pain and frustration of the tight spaces.

Regarding the filter, it won't hurt anything to remove it from the system. I personally keep filter in mine and replace them often, but unless you get on a bad well-fed system with alot of sand, you should be fine without it.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricaUnite View Post
Typical, JAYCO didn’t even put a filter in the canister.
They don't put the filter in the canister since they are winterized before they leave the factory, even in the summer. If you picked it up during camping season the dealer should have installed it prior to the walk through.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:18 AM   #4

No matter how thoroughly I winterize the running joke is I need to replace at least one fitting every spring when I wake up my Precept. Some of the fittings are a tight fit to get seated squarely so if you don’t need to remove it, I would suggest not but it is possible to remove the screws around the face and unscrew all the water fittings from the back to fully remove. Helpful in the event one of the Nautilus valves need replacement. There is a site that sells the specific pieces so you shouldn’t ever need to replace the entire panel. I also carry brass PEX connectors so when the original plastic fail, I only need to replace it once.
tdbrackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water panel | nautilus p3