Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2024, 08:57 AM   #1

Replacing Furrion All-in-One cooktop and stove

We have a 2022 31UL. The oven is tiny and gas, and I don't see us ever using it. Unfortunately, it's not separate from the cooktop, so entire unit would have to go. I'd prefer an electric cooktop, and would love room for an air fryer (or a dishwasher, but I don't think there's enough space.)

Has anyone replaced this unit? Honestly, it would be better to have another drawer or cabinet under an electric cooktop than the current wasted space . . .

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2024, 03:40 PM   #2

Replace stove with drawers

This is what we did. We wanted a larger counter top and will just be using single induction burner when needed (stored in top drawer), microwave (not convection though) and grill. Of course the original bottom drawer is still there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4182.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	94229

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4183.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	94230
Chevy Equinox
BrianMaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 04:03 PM   #3

Someone posted maybe a month ago installing a dishwasher in place of the stove.

The oven makes a great breadboard. It where my DW stashes all her yummy homemade treats.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 04:09 PM   #4

So much of the space is taken up with the element and oven "stuff" that it's just annoying to have so little to use. If it was just a big open space i'd be fine with using it like a cabinet, but it's cluttered.

I would dearly love a dishwasher. I don't mind washing dishes by hand but just having to do so for each meal, or have things stacked in the sink, isn't ideal. I'm just afraid that space is too small for a dishwasher, because it appears that particularly unit has a very small oven, so a smaller than usual overall space.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2024, 04:20 PM   #5

That looks GREAT! I'm a little afraid that I might occasionally want 2 burners, but we could also handle that with a freestanding unit. I love the drawers -- so well done!
Old 06-21-2024, 05:14 PM   #6

Thanks!
After 4 years of travel we only used the oven a couple times for frozen pizza and Mary said she has only used a single burner on stove anytime it was used. We decided counter space and storage added is more valuable to us.
Chevy Equinox
BrianMaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
We have a 2022 31UL. The oven is tiny and gas, and I don't see us ever using it. Unfortunately, it's not separate from the cooktop, so entire unit would have to go. I'd prefer an electric cooktop, and would love room for an air fryer (or a dishwasher, but I don't think there's enough space.)

Has anyone replaced this unit? Honestly, it would be better to have another drawer or cabinet under an electric cooktop than the current wasted space . . .

Thanks!
Suzy, I feel the same way about our '22 31UL -- crappy oven. The stovetop works fine, but the exhaust vent is so noisy it's an unpleasant experience if needing to simmer or bake. We have a single burner induction cooktop that works well, and we don't need to vent (unless adding a lot of moisture to the air) and it fits perfectly on the oven rack when not in use.

I'd love to remove the Furrion combo completely and put in a drawer or two for storage, and install an induction cooktop. I'd also love to remove the microwave and install a combo microwave/convection oven/air fryer, if the existing circuit will support that.

We aren't ready to take this step -- it's a concept without a plan of action.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 08:42 AM   #8

I pulled the oven out and moved the wave down because I already had 4 drawers. The portable induction cooktop works great and we also use it outside on the picnic table and I have a 20 amp extension cord that I either plug into the trailer or the 20amp circuit on the power box next to the trailer
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4020.jpg