Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #1

RV-BBT600 Garmin wireless Sync in dash

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with the wireless Garmin wireless Sync unit that comes in the newer Class A's and C's?

The thing is supposed to have a radio built in to it, but we've never been able to find it. There is supposed to be a way to reset it back to factory settings, but I can't find any way to do that either (there is usually a hole to put the end of a paper clip in, but darn if I see one).

The website is worthless as far as getting information. I've plugged it into the laptop, and done all of the updates, but that didn't help.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #2

The manuals are here.

https://support.garmin.com/support/m...=en&country=US
Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #3

Also a bunch of tutorial videos on Youtube published by Garmin. Here is a link to the first in the series...

2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #4

WOW, I've looked at all of the videos, but none of them addressed my problem.

There are no radio controls on the Music tab, and I keep getting the error message "RV hub remote is not paired to HUB dock". I haven't found anything in the manual, or tutorials regarding how to correct the issue. I've sent 2 emails to Garmin Support, but have received no response.

I would reset the unit to factory defaults, but can't find any information as how to do that.

I have updated the software, but that didn't help.

I don't know what to do now... we're on the road in North Carolina, and far from our dealer.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #5

I take it that this doesn't work.

Restoring the dock settings

You can restore all the dock features and settings to the factory default settings.
1. Place the remote in the dock.
2. Select Music > = (three dashes actually) > settings > update > restore
Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #6

Smile Garmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with the wireless Garmin wireless Sync unit that comes in the newer Class A's and C's?

The thing is supposed to have a radio built in to it, but we've never been able to find it. There is supposed to be a way to reset it back to factory settings, but I can't find any way to do that either (there is usually a hole to put the end of a paper clip in, but darn if I see one).

The website is worthless as far as getting information. I've plugged it into the laptop, and done all of the updates, but that didn't help.
Hopefully by now you’ve figured everything out. For me the only time I had issues with my radio was when the dock was turned off. (Not the base unit but the dock that’s attached to the dash). If it’s off, the mirror cameras and radio will not work. To turn it on, you have to press AND HOLD the power button for probably at least ten seconds. You should hear a pop in your speakers when it turns on, from there, don’t ever touch that button again.
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #7

Thanks all, it's been fun getting it all to work. Resetting the thing got the radio to work, and now were trying to figure out the WIFI... It's always something. lol
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 02-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Have you tried calling Fusion on any issues? I am in the process of trying to figure out the best way to add sirius and have called fusion directly and have yet to get a human.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #9

We've never been able to contact them by phone, and their email responses were vague, and not at all helpful. They never address the specific questions that I have.

It seems like we're supposed to connect the Fusion WIFI to a local WIFI (home, campground, hot spot, etc.), then connect our tablets, phones, laptops, etc to the Fusion WIFI, so we're behind it's firewall.

Very confusing!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 02-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloSen View Post
Have you tried calling Fusion on any issues? I am in the process of trying to figure out the best way to add sirius and have called fusion directly and have yet to get a human.
We have a 2017 Alante with upgraded Pioneer (dealer installed because of issues with Fusion radio) As far as adding Sirius if the unit is Sirius ready you will need a Sirius antenna then you can go online to Sirius enter your VIN and they should be able to activate your subscription. Other option is to use radio SN. Hope this helps, we enjoy our Sirius radio and only have the basic pkg.
KenAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Thanks all, it's been fun getting it all to work. Resetting the thing got the radio to work, and now were trying to figure out the WIFI... It's always something. lol
Have you updated the software/firmware for both the dash base unit and the hub unit via Garmin Express software? The hub updates via USB connection to a computer. The base unit updates with thumb drive via dash USB outlet.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #12

I update the hub unit on a regular basis... just take in to the house and plug it in to the PC, and let it update.

I had no idea that the base unit updated. I didn't see anything for it on Garmin Express, but I'll sure look again.

Thanks.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 04-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #13

Direct number to the Fusion Reps 800-253-5081. Hope it helps
Rico 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #14

I have a 2018 Alante 26X. I have taken it into my local dealer for repairs and hopefully they can resolve my problems. The radio controls are present, but they don't do anything. I can't "auto" or "manual" tune the radio or choose AM or FM, etc. I can play music from my USB dip stick and I can play music from my phone via the Bluetooth. The Garman map will activate, but it shows me off of the road on long established roads. The map will move as I move, but it will not allow me to put in an address and provide direction. Again, I am hopeful that my service department can take care of these issues. JH
micp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #15

Garmin Issues

I had a very similar issue. Talked to the people at Garmin and they suggested I kill all power to the unit for a few minutes then restart. I removed the fuse, sorry dont remember which one but it was labeled on the box at the foot of the bed. When I restored power the base unit re-synced with the mobile unit. As far as radio operation i have had better luck getting to the functions with the faceplate detached than in the cradle. Hope it helps.
Kamelot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #16

When we first received the 2018 Jayco Seneca HJ, I noticed a static sound coming from the radio speakers. While messing with it, I realized that the static was coming from the dash A/C unit fan motor. Shut off the fan and the sound went away. This was fixed by the dealer by moving the ground for the radio unit away from the fan ground and installing some type of filter.
After picking up the motorhome from the dealer, I then noticed a louder noise, mainly coming from the speakers back in the coach area, as I drove down the interstate. After about an hour of this, I noticed that if the vehicle passing me was loud, my noise got louder. So the bigger the truck or the louder the truck, the louder my noise was. I then remembered talk about a microphone on the rear camera. Even when I returned home and no traffic, I could still hear the wind going across the microphone. After a little research, I found out how to turn off the microphone. However, the mute button did not affect the sound so I tried to uncheck the box next to Mic Installed. The check mark went away but the sound was still there.
So off came the dash and I unplugged the white RCA plug and the sound was gone. Reinstalled everything and updated the software on both the hub and the remote. Everything was working good at this point. Played with the unit some adjusting the level of sound in the 4 zones.
Later that day, we headed off for a trip. 5 minutes into the trip, I noticed the unit started acting strange. At some point I was able to go into the volume controls and instead of seeing the icons for 4 zones, there was only one zone. I had it on camera and the camera just went black. Down the road, the radio station that it was on was out of range and I was getting nothing but static. Tried to go back into Music icon and the screen showed a symbol going around and around. Finally it gave me a message that the hub and remote were not connected. Then to make matters worse, I had no control with the buttons on the hub. Could not turn it off, turn the volume up or down. Could not go the Music to make any changes, could not mute the sound with the normal quick tap on the power button.
Well I didn’t want to listen to that all weekend plus having it possibly drain the battery. So off came the dash again. I unplugged the large wiring harness, since I didn’t see an individual power wire, waited about 2 minutes, then plugged it back in. Now everything seems to be working as should. I guess I should have plugged back in the microphone cord to see if I could now control it. (but it was bedtime now and I thought to save that for another day.)
I have learned so much from this group and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation. I heard that on the 2019’s the Garmin is no longer being used.
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #17

The Service Guys, have ordered a new unit for me. They were able to get the Radio to work, but lost the USB music portion and they were not able to get the unit to allow any of the search functions, but it would track us on a map. Hopefully the new one will resolve all of these problems. JH

Quote:
Originally Posted by micp View Post
I have a 2018 Alante 26X. I have taken it into my local dealer for repairs and hopefully they can resolve my problems. The radio controls are present, but they don't do anything. I can't "auto" or "manual" tune the radio or choose AM or FM, etc. I can play music from my USB dip stick and I can play music from my phone via the Bluetooth. The Garman map will activate, but it shows me off of the road on long established roads. The map will move as I move, but it will not allow me to put in an address and provide direction. Again, I am hopeful that my service department can take care of these issues. JH
micp is offline   Reply With Quote