Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #1

RV Cover.

I'm considering the purchase of an RV cover. Live in florida, and would like to reduce UV damage.

Seems most covers don't last very long, and have mixed reviews.

Looking for some opinions from those who have used an RV cover
Roadmaster Falcon Tow bar
Henderson rear trac bar
Safe-T Plus
FlaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

There's been a few discussions about covers here, you can use the search bar above. One key point that many have said, don't buy a cheap cover that isn't sized for your rig and doesn't have multiple adjustment straps, or you'll be unhappy. A good quality cover is worth the money.

Here's a recent thread to check out:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rvs-74904.html
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
CAG

Beat me to it by a minute or two.

A search will bring up a number of threads with cover discussions.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #4

I'm in the north so we use covers to protect from the winter more than the UV, but I wouldn't go through a winter without one. The current trailer is 3 years old and has been covered each winter with a cover from Camping World. Looks new and the cover isn't damaged. I use pool noodles to cover edges, projections, ladder rails, etc. since wind damage is prevalent when those gale winds come through.
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #5

I live in the once great State of NY and have always covered my campers for the winter. I have been very happy with Adco covers. My current one is 4 years old and is still in perfect condition.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #6

Camco Ultra Guard

I have a Camco Ultra Guard cover for my 34G. I also live in South Florida so cover it for protection from the sun. It’s very well designed and convenient with regard to being easy to put on and be able to open doors and hatches etc. while it’s installed. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to last very long as it’s already beginning to tear in multiple places. It’s now about eight months old and the tears started showing up a few months ago. I aggressively tape the tears with gorilla tape and that holds up well for now. I think I’ll be lucky to get two years out of it but it was fairly inexpensive so maybe I’ll even buy another if I Get two years out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
713CADC7-17DC-45B7-8BEF-C5B864D4BE7D.jpg   BE48D03C-73A6-4CE7-A735-52A96159814B.jpg  
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #7

I am a fan of ADCO RV covers

I live in South Florida and have bought several ADCO covers for various trailers/RV’s over the years. They don’t last in the sun down here .... maybe two years and then begin to disintegrate.... literally the material tears and flakes away in your hand. BUT, in my experience ADCO stands by their warranty and will replace the cover if you make a timely claim. I’ve replaced two covers with new covered by the warranty. Most of their covered come with a 2 or 3 year warranty. Now I store under covered parking ... so I anticipate the cover will last much longer when not exposed daily to the brutal South Florida sun.
edhammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #8

I get about 4 years out of a cover. At $250 it's about $65 a year which in my mind is an small expense for keeping the trailer clean during the off season. There is some work involved it putting the cover on and getting it off so I wouldn't want to do it on a weekly basis.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote