Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
KTK

RV Insurance

Can anyone make recommendations on RV insurance? I have a 2022 Jayco Precept 34G motorhome.
KTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:08 AM   #2

I have used Progressive for many years. The rates are reasonable and I had very small increases in premiums over the years. I have never had a claim so I can't tell you any experience about their claims process. Flo has treated me well.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:45 AM   #3
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTK View Post
Can anyone make recommendations on RV insurance? I have a 2022 Jayco Precept 34G motorhome.
This comes up often and you should find some threads, some recent with a search but the general consensus is you need to shop in your area because insurance coverage and rates are very different in different parts of the country.

You can find brokers on line that will help shop the market for you.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:04 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

there are several factors to consider when choosing an RV insurance provider that can help you find the best coverage for your needs:

Coverage options: Look for a provider that offers comprehensive coverage options, including liability coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage for theft, fire, and other types of damage.

Deductibles: Consider the deductible amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Lower deductibles may result in higher premiums, while higher deductibles may result in lower premiums but more out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a claim.

Discounts: Look for providers that offer discounts for things like bundling multiple policies, safe driving records, or RV club memberships.

Customer service: Look for providers with strong customer service ratings and quick and efficient claims handling processes.

Cost: Compare premiums and coverage options from multiple providers to find the best value for your needs and budget.

It's also a good idea to read customer reviews and ratings online to get an idea of other RV owners' experiences with different insurance providers. Additionally, you may want to consult with a professional insurance agent who specializes in RV insurance to get personalized advice and recommendations based on your specific needs and situation.
11111energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:32 AM   #5

X2 on Progressive.

(General comment not specific to MH but to include 5ers and TT) You may wish to familiarize yourself with one unique factor with RV insurances. Which coverage applies may be different based on if the damage occurred while stored at home, off site storage, on the road, or in a campsite.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11111energy View Post
there are several factors to consider when choosing an RV insurance provider that can help you find the best coverage for your needs:

Coverage options: Look for a provider that offers comprehensive coverage options, including liability coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage for theft, fire, and other ....yadda yadda......
ChatGPT returned the exact same to me.......

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
ChatGPT returned the exact same to me.......
Bots will be bots. An admin will whack that account before sunset today.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:29 AM   #8

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:41 AM   #9

Progressive, have for all cars and house.

Handled stolen cat converter / tow, without issue.

App is easy to use.

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 02:15 AM   #10

Although I am now with National General (Good Sam) and happy with them, I was covered by Progressive in the past and did have a claim. I was very happy and satisfied with the way Progressive handled the claim. They exceeded my expectations.
I changed to NatGen as the yearly rate difference was quite a lot. I do check insurance prices every year at renewal time.
Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Toad
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90
stu stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:12 AM   #11

Progressive for sure. Huge volume so rates are great and excellent customer service. Go direct, not through an agent.
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:32 AM   #12

I agree, we had our travel trailer destroyed by Irma at about 2 years old and we got what we paid for it, so we replaced it with the same model. Simple and quick handling.
ragnarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:49 AM   #13

I've used Miller Insurance the past few years for my full-time insurance. They have been good at finding the coverage I needed at a good rate.

Home | Miller RV Insurance
Old 03-18-2023, 12:09 PM   #14

Usually you get best rates when you bundle all of your insurance with one company. I use Costco for my RV, boat, home, vehicles and personal liability
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:12 PM   #15

I use Costco for my home, autos, RV, boat and personal liability
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:13 PM   #16

Amica

We have used Amica for decades for auto, RV, and homeowners. Stable pricing and exceptional service.
thenovaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:29 PM   #17

Watch wording. I was thinking of changing companies last year ( with National Gen since new purchase) but all the ones I saw did not refer to original purchase price as does my National Gen. So with depreciation, the replacement value may not meet your expectations. Mine is listed at purchase price new.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:31 PM   #18

Motorhome insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTK View Post
We used to have progressive rv insurance too for about ten years, after the first six years of small increases, and thankfully never any claims, they started raising the rates by a few hundred each year. We went from approx 389 to well over 1200.00. We asked why, they said their costs went up and our motorhome was getting older?? Huh, They don’t cover mechanical, why should that make a difference? We changed to AAA motorhome coverage, went down to 589 per year, ( minimum mileage requirement for the first year) then the following year with the AAA benefit you get back, and putting our actual yearly mileage in of about 4,000 miles we came back down to 412.00 per year. Probably a little higher for you because yours us newer and worth more good luck……
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:34 PM   #19

Progressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Progressive for sure. Huge volume so rates are great and excellent customer service. Go direct, not through an agent.
We did find out after five or six years with progressive they take away full replacement cost and went to blue book value, right about when our premiums started really jumping.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #20

Thumbs up RV Insurance

We use Progressive with USAA as our broker (USAA does not do RV insurance). We had extensive hail damage to our 2008 Greyhawk 30GS a couple of years ago. Our RV repair shop said Progressive was very cooperative and accepted the shop's cost estimate increase for damage they found after moving the roof. All I had to pay was my deductible. My rates have not gone up.
glrusl is offline   Reply With Quote