Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #21

Thanks for the quick answer on the recall fuse! I appreciate the help!
nolosrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #22

Had my precept taken to an RV dealer, not Jayco, the letter stated that if it was not a Jayco dealer that we "could be reimbursed" if replaced by someone else.
The dealer called Jayco prior to installing the kit, but Jayco refused the service from this dealer and the dealer won't sell me the kit due to "liability issues."
So the statement in the letter is not correct and we still have to end up with a dealer.
This is so frustrating, never again.
Chappy2351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2351 View Post
Had my precept taken to an RV dealer, not Jayco, the letter stated that if it was not a Jayco dealer that we "could be reimbursed" if replaced by someone else.

The dealer called Jayco prior to installing the kit, but Jayco refused the service from this dealer and the dealer won't sell me the kit due to "liability issues."

So the statement in the letter is not correct and we still have to end up with a dealer.

This is so frustrating, never again.
I took my 36T to a Jayco dealer to have it accomplished. We picked up the RV and headed north our if FL. About 6 hrs later turned in radio and gps, neither worked. So now I have no radio, gps or cameras, Jayco says this is a safety item due to no cameras and we're still waiting to get into a Jayco dealer to fix what ever they goofed up. Understand your dilema.
dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Does the dealer give us a document that they installed the fuse and sticker?
Vicr,
I got my recall done this last weekend. My dealer in Michigan gave a copy of the recall document repair order, the 40amp fuse they replaced with the 25amp and the instructions on how they did the repair.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgantz View Post
I took my 36T to a Jayco dealer to have it accomplished. We picked up the RV and headed north our if FL. About 6 hrs later turned in radio and gps, neither worked. So now I have no radio, gps or cameras, Jayco says this is a safety item due to no cameras and we're still waiting to get into a Jayco dealer to fix what ever they goofed up. Understand your dilema.
Still waiting to get into a Jayco dealer for repair. Anyone know the location of radio/gps fuses?
dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #26

I am in the same predicament as Hawkster! My local Jayco dealership is 1 hour away, and they are below average service shop.
I didn't purchase my unit from them, as they don't sell the Motor homes.
So they do not want to work on these unit.

I am heading to Minneapolis area next week, and I called a couple of Jayco dealers to see if I could get it done.
They all said that they would have to order in the parts, and it will take 3-4 weeks or longer to get them.

Can anyone tell me where this fuse is located, or have a picture of the fuse installed.
I would rather have the fuse changed by myself, then waiting to find a dealer that will get this done for me!

Thank you
newgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #27

It's in the fuse box in the engine compartment, next to the air filter. Easy to replace. I didn't see any need to drive to a dealer to have it replaced.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 PM   #28

Is it the 40 amp fuse , that should be changed to 25 amp?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9095.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	51868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9096.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	51869
Old 07-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #29

Yes, the one in slot 23.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:51 PM   #30

Thank you for your help, Mike!
If I had to wait for a dealer to get this done, my unit would probably catch on fire before they could get the parts in and switch a fuse over.
Its amazing how difficult it is to get something this simple done at a dealership!
Old 11-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #31

Precept RECALL from NHTSA-Exhaust location

#9903440 FORD F53 Chassis 2014 - 2018. Hydraulic and electrical lines may be routed too close to exhaust pipe without a heat shield installed. Rupture of rear brake lines and shorting of electrical wires would be due to excessive heat and subsequent melting of line and wire insulation. I immediately went looking for the 'problem area' and found more that what the RECALL indicated. No hydraulic / wires melting(except for the convoluted tubing) but basement storage floor was drastically melted and dripping down to the Cat Converter. I don't know why no fire was started. I live in a resort town so Authorized Dealers are scarce and since none of the 3 I called had seen the recall they wanted Time and Material $$ if I brought the coach to them. 60+ days until a SERVICE opening. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck so I made my own heat shields and repaired the basement floor.
If I knew how to insert an image I would.
I called JAYCO and they told me they have not heard about this recall. DUH !!!
beegee1028 is offline   Reply With Quote