Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Sani-Con Turbo Marcerator system

Does anyone have some experience with this system?
I see advertised on the 2018 31UL unit.
I visited a Jayco dealer yesterday to have a look at the unit and the system and could not find it anywhere at the unit. I asked a sales woman. No clue what I was talking about.
Then I asked the sales manager. He said they don’t have it on the 2019 31UL any longer. “They had to keep the price down”
A year experience or comments are very welcome.

Cheers
Jaycoskip

Jaycoskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #2

It's on the driver's side behind a small door located between the generator exhaust and Unit exhaust. We've never used ours because of horror stories about when the hose will burst. The regular black and grey tank dumps aren't that difficult. From talking with folks that have used it it's very fast and simple.

Sounds like you need to go to a different dealer being they don't know anything about what you are asking about. And BTW from what I understand about the 2019s they have dropped the sanicon system along with the Truma tankless hot water heater and carpeting in the cockpit area. 2019s have a regular water heater. Also the 19s have a residential refrigerator which is a negative to me.

1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks 1955 farm,
Yeah, I went to the dealer with my wife yesterday and had high hopes the come closer to a decision about buying the 31UL.
It was somehow disappointing.
I have been reading the 2018 brochure and the manual back and forth and thought, the 2019 unit might be even better.
Far from that.
The Garmin Infotainement system is gone.
The Macerator system is gone
Residential fridge with no possibility to run it on LP
Half of one of the fridge doors is occupied by a ice maker what we do not use anyway.
No real ladder at all.
Now I hear that they got rid of the Truma tankless hot water heater and went back to an ancient storage system.
What else might have gone and replaced by cheaper stuff what I did not see
I think, we are better off going with a 20 or 30K cheaper Thor Hurricane. Then we know at least we buy crap anyway and are not disappointed. . .

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #4

There are several 2018s for sale on RVT however none really close to you. We had looked at the Thor but liked everything on the 31UL and it's a better built unit. We don't regret buying it versus other units.. The 2018s are definitely a lot of bang for your buck compared to other units.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #5

@1955farm
So, you can choose what you use. Either the Macerator system or just drain the usual old fashioned way? Where do you keep the stinky hoses, if you use the old system?
On the 2019 model there was a door where the old outlet was behind, but the sales person was not sure where to put the hoses. She never camped in her life, so she looked at me with big eyes, when I was talking about rubber gloves, stinky hoses, questionable liquid sometimes shooting out of the outlet when you remove the lid and one of the valves is leaking etc. etc.

Cheers
Jaycoskip
Old 09-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

I keep my stinky hoses in a Rubbermaid tote in the compartment nearest the dump outlet. Plenty of storage in our 31UL. Also it has a master valve in front of the black and gray tank valves so the leaking has not been a problem for us.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Thanks. I didn’t know that it has a master valve. Good info.
Is there also a flushing system installed?
Old 09-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #8

I never thought I would want a Marcerator but the last rv I purchased already had one on it from factory. I have found I like it. If I'm somewhere for couple days I can just pull it out and dump and be done in a few mins. If I'm for a week I set up the stinky.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I never thought I would want a Marcerator but the last rv I purchased already had one on it from factory. I have found I like it. If I'm somewhere for couple days I can just pull it out and dump and be done in a few mins. If I'm for a week I set up the stinky.
That sounds like a good solution!
I just wrote the dealer a longer email stating my disappointment over the fact that the 2019 model got so much watered down with cheapo replacements.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #10

It does have a black tank flush system installed and it works well