Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #1

Sanitizing with the nautilus p3 utility panel

It's time to sanitize and looking at the manual it shows filling the tank using a bucket with the proper solution. I get that. After the solution is pumped in it says to continue filling using the bucket and pump and leave the valves in sanitize mode. Filling a 53 gallon tank that way is a long process. Anyone switch to power fill and utilize pressurized water? If so won't that put water in the hot water tank? Something that you aren't supposed to do.
Thanks for any input
2018 alante 26x
Rico 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #2

I leave the valves in the sanitize position and hook up a hose then fill the tank with the water from the house supply. I then add a little more sanitizer at the end and let it sit for awhile. Then I run the water throughout the system except for the hot water side.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:33 AM   #3

Yes, filling the fresh water tank does take forever using the "country fill" process......What I do is, I use the "city fill" option with the WH bypassed.. ......use two hoses......hook one to the RV and fill that hose with the sanitizing fluid.......hook the other hose to the house water source and then to the first hose.....turn on the water from the house.....and fill the fresh water tank......run sanitized solution thru the RV......then drain all......flush with clean water.
2018 Thor Four Winds 24F (traded)
2016 Forest River 22RR (traded)
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90 Trailbike
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #4

I’ll be doing this also in the next few days, quite confusing.

So basically, setup the panel to sanitize which bypasses hot water side. Let pump siphon solution from bucket.

Then connect fresh water hose from house to the city fill and fill tank fully without moving nautilus levers out of sanitize position.

Once filled run run to each faucet ?

Am I missing something here
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #5

You tube video on sanitizing using the P3.

Important note is making sure the water pump is primed first. This is also true for winterizing.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #6

I’m guessing you need to run it through ice maker and water dispenser too as well as washer?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #7

One other dumb question.

Video mentions to make sure the pump is primed. One would assume if there is antifreeze in all of the plumbing then the pump should already be primed, correct?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
One other dumb question.

Video mentions to make sure the pump is primed. One would assume if there is antifreeze in all of the plumbing then the pump should already be primed, correct?
Not necessarily. If the coach has been sitting there with antifreeze in the system and the pump turned off and someone hits a faucet or steps on the flush lever the prime will be lost. Can also happen with an additional cycle of the ice maker after the pump is turned off.

I have never had a system retain the prime or pressure all winter.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:15 AM   #9

About to tackle this couple questions came to mind.

Whole coach Filter canister is empty. Thoughts on the refer filter? Any harm leaving it in since I will be disposing it and installing a new one after a few rinse cycles are complete? I plan on making some sanitized ice as well and will flush with a few cycles to rid of bleach.

Run a rinse cycle on washer too with sanitizing solution and another to rinse it?
Old 06-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
About to tackle this couple questions came to mind.

Whole coach Filter canister is empty. Thoughts on the refer filter? Any harm leaving it in since I will be disposing it and installing a new one after a few rinse cycles are complete? I plan on making some sanitized ice as well and will flush with a few cycles to rid of bleach.

Run a rinse cycle on washer too with sanitizing solution and another to rinse it?
I normally leave all filters out during sanitizing simply because I removed them when winterizing and why install to sanitize and then change them out again.

I always run 3 or 4 trays of cubes after sanitizing before making cubes to consume.

Run a couple of rinse cycles on the washer and you should be good to go.

That's the way I do it and I'm sure others will say they do it in a different manner.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #11

I do the same as Dave above, remove filter and run a few trays of ice thru to make sure no chlorine taste. And I sanitize hot and cold, have an on demand water heater and no tank. Personally I don't do all the gallon mixing stuff. I just country fill with pump the adequate bleach for 60 gallon tank then I do the city fill til water comes out the overflow. Then use on board pump to get bleach water from tank thru all faucets.

It sounds complicated but it's not. For some reason I have no problems priming. I keep the container of bleach on the water bay floor not ground and my short hose goes to the bottom of bleach container.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote

« Shocks | Propane »