Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #1

Satellite Dish

I just bought a Dish Playmaker Duel for my 2018 PRECEPT 29V. This dish is for mounting on the ground near the RV. I plug the coaxial cable to the SAT port in utility location. I don't know what or how to connect the Wally for the satellite dish to the TV. My dealer where I bought the dish doesn't know either. How do I connect the Wally to the TV. With the port for the Satellite already there you'd expect to just plug in the Wally without having to modify wiring and cables.
Gaffer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
I know with mine, I had to remove some panels and look for it. My suggestion is to open any panels near where the main TV is and see if you find a coax not connected to anything. That's likely it. I would also contact Jayco Motorized Customer Service and ask them for the satellite wiring diagram for your coach. This should help you identify what cables are where and in some cases they're color coded to help.

I would also check out this thread which has alot of the same information in it. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-77417.html
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I have decided to just have the dish mounted on the roof. Easier during bad weather and won't have to mess around. Jayco sent me wiring schematics requiring removal of power booster and adding coax cables. I am 76 and don't want to deal with all that.
Gaffer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer75 View Post
I just bought a Dish Playmaker Duel for my 2018 PRECEPT 29V. This dish is for mounting on the ground near the RV. I plug the coaxial cable to the SAT port in utility location. I don't know what or how to connect the Wally for the satellite dish to the TV. My dealer where I bought the dish doesn't know either. How do I connect the Wally to the TV. With the port for the Satellite already there you'd expect to just plug in the Wally without having to modify wiring and cables.

It is not quite that simple. Call or Email Jayco and ask for the wiring diagrams for your unit. They may also be on the site but if it is like mine it will take some rewiring to make it work. Nothing drastic and you can see the diagrams for mine in the "Manual" section at the top and to "Misc". the second one down will show you how set up for the Tailgator which is what you want. With the Duel you may need another direct line in but that I don't know.

Try this:https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/d...?do=file&id=91

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote