Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2021, 10:41 PM   #1

Shower

I have a brand new precept 31UL. It has a tankless water heater. Every other water source is getting hot water except for the shower. Also, how long to get hot water usually? Any suggestions?
Jesse1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse1138 View Post
I have a brand new precept 31UL. It has a tankless water heater. Every other water source is getting hot water except for the shower. Also, how long to get hot water usually? Any suggestions?
My guess is the Shower's hot water scald protection is set too low and needs adjusted. This usually can be done by removing the shower faucet handle and maybe the plate to adjust the hot water side to a hotter setting. Here's a sample from YouTube that might help: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...z5tAan64u4Bg38

There's lots of Youtube videos.

Make sure your water is OFF when you do this!!!

NOTE: my statement above is only applicable if you have water at the shower head, but it doesn't get hot. And, I assume you have hot water at the bathroom sink?

Good Luck, Mark
Old 03-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #3

Okay I’ll try it thank you
Jesse1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #4

I don't have that style water heater in my RV, so take this fwiw, I have a tankless water heater at my house though and when I changed the shower head to a low flow shower head there wasn't enough flow for the water heater to turn on (it has a flow sensor). I had to adjust the flow sensor on the water heater. To test for this, turn on your shower and see if the water heater turned on or not. Be sure that your shower head is at its full flow setting on the valve at the shower head and on the wall. Also, I suspect you already know that you should use full hot and then add a little cold if needed, but I prefer to set the temperature so that full hot is all that is needed (in other words full hot is not hotter than a shower needs). ~CA
Old 03-14-2021, 05:48 AM   #5

Jesse

What Craigav suggest could be the issue, i.e., low water flow (gallons per minute (gpm)) will not turn on the tankless water heater.

However, there's an easy test to see if that's the issue. Turn on the bathroom skin's hot water faucet... once it's hot, keep it on while also turning on the shower to full hot setting.

If no hot water at the shower and you have hot water at the sink, then try this.... leave the sink hot on, but the shower faucet set to the coldest setting.

If you still don't have hot water at the shower head after you try the above, you just confirmed it's not your hot water tank.

If you do have hot water at the shower, then keep it running and turn off the sink hot water... wait a minute or so and see if the shower remains Hot or turns to cold..... if it goes cold, then most likely its low gpm water flow. Another test you could try is remove shower head only and try again with the higher gpm water flow. If the Hot returns, change your shower head

Lastly, if you got hot water at the shower head when the faucet was set to cold, then shower faucet is plumbed wrong, e.g., cold to hot and hot to cold.

If none of the above yields no hot water at the shower head, try what I posted first, i.e, the scald valve setting.

Mark