Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #1

Question Side Camera Connection

We recently purchased a 2019 Alante 26x which has the side mirror cameras. Does anyone know what kind of connection the cameras have at the radio? Is it a standard RCA connection? I would like a new head unit with apple car play, and my wife and I would like lcd screens always on to the left and right of the dash.

I am hoping I can connect them up to a standard screen.

Ryan
Ryan_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #2

There is a module in the dash that all three cameras connect to, the module then sends one of the three cameras to the stereo on a single rca cable. The one I have in my 2018 26x is the Voyager CSW3014, your is probably the same as Jayco typically uses Voyager Camera systems.

The connection at the camera module is a CEC type connection, which I believe is a Voyager standard. The do make an adapter do convert the CEC connection to RCA, the Part Number is 31300006. As the camera module also provides 12vdc power to cameras, you would need a power source for them. To note ….. the white RCA is for audio, the rear camera has a mic but do not believe the side cameras have a mic.
Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #3

Balibe,

Thank you very much for taking the time out and reply to my post. I have all the information now in order to research my options.

Ryan
Old 07-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #4

There is a camera switch in the dash with RCA out to the Soundstream (junk). The soundstream sits in a universal cage. Just replaced mine with Kenwood DNX575S ($600 w/free install) at BestBuy. Easy swap you can do yourself if you want.
Hectorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #5

I am replacing mine with a pioneer DMH-C5500NEX. Its has a nice detachable 8 inch screen that I will mount higher on the dash. I started to pull things apart this weekend and will be installing switches so I can engage the side cameras at anytime without the turn signals.

I see on the voyager switch box there is an audio out and some of the backup cameras in the voyager lineup have microphones. This wasnt connected to anything on my sound stream (the old unit) but I am wondering if the camera I have has audio and if I can use it with the pioneer or connect it to a small speaker to be used when backing up etc.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

back up camera

I'm a little off topic here but I have a question about backup camera.

I have an alante 31v and I don't like quality much is there a better camera that would just plug into the current set up.

the system is gamin bbt600
michaelodunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera, camera, side camera