Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #1

Unhappy Slide issue, suspect part

Merry Christmas to all!
I have been having a slide problem since picking up my Jayco Precept 36A in July of 2019. It has never not worked but retracting often the motor drags down to very low rpm as if it is struggling to move but then speeds back up as the weight shifts. This happens in reverse when moving out. This does not happen on the other two slides. I have been hoping it was just normal for it, but recently while putting it out I saw much more tilting and thought it may just fall out. It is the passenger side slide and is about 15' long.

A few days after this while doing unrelated stuff under the MH I found an unidentified part (pics) under the general area of the slide. Can anyone confirm this would come from a slide mechanism? I am now leery about pulling the slide in until I can find someone who can work on it at my house because if I can't get it in then I can't take it somewhere to be worked on.

We are still having 70+ days so it's parked at home with 50amp service at my house. I usually drive it around to rotate the tires and run the engine and generator every month when I don't go anywhere. Should I chance pulling it in?
Attached Thumbnails
2teEzAC_Q2y_9Z7VezjL5A.jpg   EsSm7DdITFWveepKx9tVwA.jpg   faIIjoZ0QAufg_Xh-0Ae4A.jpg   xfoqxttJR_S3itOpJJyp3A.jpg  
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #2

Recent Thread about the slide part

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Here is a link to a recent thread that's about the same issue you are having: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-it-91217.html

There are some youtube videos that cover the subject as well.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:44 AM   #3

Our 36b had same issues, hitting the top of opening when trying to retract. Guides and bearings were all loose, tighten all and slide works great now. Will see if loosens back up…

Taz
2019 Precept Prest
36b
TazmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
Merry Christmas to you as well!

Here is a link to a recent thread that's about the same issue you are having: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...-it-91217.html

There are some youtube videos that cover the subject as well.
This link covers it well. That 3/16 Allen wrench required to hold the stud while tightening is tough to get in between the rails but is doable depending on which roller it is. There are 4 rollers for each track. I have mine so I can get to all of them pretty easily now. Good luck. Removing the front kick board is the easiest way to get to most but not all of them.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:30 PM   #5

Talking

RoyB, thanks for posting this! We have the exact same 36A and were seeing the exact same issue. I took off the bottom slide trim and sure enough! One of the bolts came off of one of the four reachable bearings most of the other were loose. I can't tughten the back 4 so I hope they stay on! I don't see/hear much improvement but worth it.
Barnesmobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, unidentified part