Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #1

Slide out Cam Follower

Was doing some odds and ends around 'Buttercup' (the official name). Noticed an object on the ground and noticed that it was lubed.

Determined that it was a cam follower that is one of 4 on one side of the dinette slide. Putzed around for an hour or so but cannot seem to get it back into the track.

Anyone have this issue? This might be a 'bring it to the dealer' fix.
fizikpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #2

On my kitchen slide a bearing fell out on the floor. There is also a place in type bearing next to it. Not sure what you're describing. Anyway I let the dealer put in under warranty since I couldn't get it back in without slide rail dismantling. (But also I don't know what I'm doing in this area).

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #3

Thanks for this posting. Had the same issue on my 2016 31ul. I could not see where it came after detailed search. So I kept it but did not have it serviced yet. Slide still works fine. Should I make an attempt to have it put back (?) or is it really necessary for slide operation? Did your shop comment on importance of having it back in place?
megalucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #4

The bearing is very important as the bearing next to it is plastic/nylon. The slide is heavy and needs support. My slide worked a few times before I got to dealer.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #5

What a mess

F/U to post: Just got my 31ul back from the shop. Had them investigate the bearing that fell out from the dinette slide. After more investigation when asked to check all slides, they found one also missing from the kitchen slide and that many of the bearings were backing out of the tracks. The solution (after making calls for instruction) was to remove the slides (only option) and replace what was missing and tighten others. The cost: $1,600. in just labor.

Since the factory warranty has expired (June) and my extended warranty determined it to be a "not covered" item under "Bolts and Fasteners", I was simply advised to just wait until the slide(s) stopped working and do fix then. I was told it might then become a covered item under the extended warranty or would most likely be about the same expense. What a lousy option.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #6

Thumbs up Jayco backs slide-out issue

Another update: Called Jayco CS on 11/8. Explained situation and problem to them and they simply came back with "we will cover that for you". SWEET! Thanks Jayco for backing your product (in this case at least)
Old 12-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #7

Latest update: Slides back to full repair. However, just a (potential) warning for you Precept owners. The shop that fixed my slides advised me that the dinette slide was missing two sleeve rollers and the kitchen was missing four. Plus, all others were very loose and had potential to fall out. They replaced the missing bearings and tightened (with lock tight) all the others. THIS WAS AN EXPENSIVE repair job. Super happy that Jayco is stepping up to help.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:58 PM   #8

Glad jayco made a wise choice. I can't even see my dinette rollers so I guess when it breaks the extended warranty might work. My warranty might be like yours it the Premier. They only fix broken stuff. Oh if you have a leak they'll fix it. But not the damage.