Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #1

Sound for movies

Okay here's my problem I have a 2015 Jayco precept 35 un I lost the radio which was a Jensen with the nav system I had a service contract on it so the company paid for a new head unit which was a Kenwood with a nav system on both units when you play the movies in the coach the video plays no problem on two of the televisions but no sound the sound comes out of the overhead speakers I suspect someone disconnected the red and white sound jacks somewhere in the coach so when you play av all you get is video and no sound
The old one never worked either it work the same way when you play the movie it came out the overhead speakers and the connectors didn't work in the TVs anyone had any experience with this I believe in my old RV I saw a distribution box somewhere under the sink
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #2

I didn't care for the through the overhead speakers although better the an the tv speakers. So I add a yamaha sound bar and mounted on top of the valence. Perfect sound for movies.
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:25 AM   #3

We went with the Bose self amplified pc stereo speakers. But originally I lost one channel overhead speaker. Wire on back of the TV fell out. Put on a strain relief fixed thAt. Then lost one channel again. The overhead speaker wire fell off. Jayco used the wrong female terminals so I just recrimped then and it was ok. Then lost left channel. I traced wire from the tv to the Jensen and found the wire open so I suspect it was smashed or cut somewhere probably with slide going in and out. Couldn't find and went to Bose speakers.

The sound bar is an excellent idea also.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Televator

I found our Televator was crushing the AV cables when going down. I took the cabinet apart and dressed and secured all the cables so there was no interference with the televator mechanism. While under there I noticed all the coax cables had loose connections so I tightened them all.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:55 AM   #5
RWK

Sound bar is the best way to go. Mine also has built in blue tooth so I can play my music through it as well. Sounds much better than the factory in ceiling speakers.
RWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #6

I understand what everybody's saying about the Soundbar but unfortunately the red and the white audio cables that go to that TV or any of the TVs are not working there must be a junction somewhere where all of this plugs in from the radio I'm kind of looking for that again the yellow video cable works fine on two of the TVs just the sound comes out the speakers in the ceiling but there are two red and white audio connections on the same plug set up but they're not working so it looks like someone either hasn't plugged anything into the connector box if there is one or their phantom red and white wires that don't go anywhere
Old 05-27-2018, 04:10 PM   #7

I tried the jenson dash dvd player ONCE. It outputs a composite signal. Terrible quality!. I always use the blueray player that came with the coach. Runs through the switch box and provides 1080p output. It will send a signal to 3 tvs. Then I used the optical output from the tv to the sound bar. Much better sound the the ceiling speakers.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #8

Thanks good information where is that switch box located I can't seem to find it
Old 05-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #9

Well i have a 2016 precept 31ul and the switch bix and blueray player are located in the first overhead cabinet behind the drivers seat.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #10

Audio video distribution center

Still trying to locate where the audio video distribution center is located on our 2015 precept 35un
Old 05-29-2018, 10:11 PM   #11

Call jayco motorized division, give them your vin number and they be able to tell you.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #12

Had a similar problem, but involved the sound from the DVD player in the main and outside TV, found out that connection cables in the main TV were apparently cut.
My rv is a Jayco Precept UL, 2016.
Chappy2351 is offline   Reply With Quote