Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #1

Sumo springs

Has anyone installed these on your Jayco CLS A and if so did they help with the sway or top heavy effect?

dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #2

I did look at the Sumo and Timbren Springs, but I am getting ready to install Air-Bags on my rear axel after hearing from other motorhome owners that were happy with theirs and being able to adjust for different loads and ride changes. I am going to order these from Etrailer Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Helper Springs with Internal Jounce Bumpers - Rear Axle Item # AL88344. JH

micp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #3

Hi dgantz
I purchased the Sumo springs (1500) and found they make a great difference when towing my new Eagle 330 TT. The ride when my Ram 2500 is not towing has not changed. Id go for it, they are sure cheaper than airbags. I purchased through etrailer. They assisted me with correct model for what I needed.
whitehawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:55 AM   #4

I installed Sumo Springs and what a difference(2018 Alante 26x) in ride. Added a rear track bar and that took sway out. upgraded shocks and this thing rides like a cadillac. Was worth the money, rarely get pushed when a Tractor Trailor goes by, and no more sucking me over to the left lane when tail end of T Trailor goes by. I have also put sound proof on doghouse and in front wheel wells, we can talk in normal tones now when driving
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokie View Post
I installed Sumo Springs and what a difference(2018 Alante 26x) in ride. Added a rear track bar and that took sway out. upgraded shocks and this thing rides like a cadillac. Was worth the money, rarely get pushed when a Tractor Trailor goes by, and no more sucking me over to the left lane when tail end of T Trailor goes by. I have also put sound proof on doghouse and in front wheel wells, we can talk in normal tones now when driving
They came in the mail and waiting to be installed after the holidays.
dgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:08 AM   #6

Great, don't forget to post some pics of your setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #7

If you have sway then you need added or larger sway bars. All Sumo's are are urethane bump stops.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
If you have sway then you need added or larger sway bars. All Sumo's are are urethane bump stops.
If your getting pushed to the right when a tractor trailer passes, then sucked to the left as the rear of the trailer part of a tractor trailer passes you, you need a rear track bar as a sway bar won't take care of it. The rear end flexes on the road in such a case as above, therefore the track bar will stabilize the rear end. In regards to sumo's, you will notice a big difference with regards to ride an handling
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #9
RWK

I have them on all four corners of the coach. I did them last after I added rear leaf springs, Koni shocks, super steer rear track bar, anti sway bars and Roadmaster steering stabilzer. They absolutely made a big difference.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #10

I have a 31R and I use Sumo springs up front and timbrens in the back. I feel like it helped the ride a lot. I never really felt that I had a sway (back and forth) issues, but I did feel a lot of "push" from large passing vehicles and heavy cross-winds. The Sumo/Timbren combo made huge improvements in that area.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote