Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2022, 06:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
I installed Safe T Plus and the rear Trac Bar on my 36C and it did make a big difference. I don't really get sway now but the ride is still rough and I get a lot of body roll.

I ordered Koni shocks and they should be here next week. Hopefully they will help the ride.

Still not sure what is best for the body roll but it looks like Sumo Springs will be a pain to install in the rear. Front, not bad at all.

I agree I just come back from storage and I did a CHF on the rear sway bar I move the arm to the back hole, as for as it riding smoother, it's a truck chassic and I don't mind that I am going to let some air out of my tires, probably down to 95 psi. I did the rear trac bar, the safe -t- plus and the CHF on the rear sway bar, I might replace the shock with the Koni.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by embeleco View Post
Hi justafordguy.

Let me know once you add the konis... If it helps with the body roll or not.. I'm on the same boat.. I added safe-t and rear trac bar and it helped tremendously on my Alante 27A.

You can do the CHF for the rear sway bar, I just did but I haven't taken it out yet.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Sumos all around helped me for roll.

I'm still thinking about it myself.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdcwo View Post
I ordered Sumos for front and rear. They should arrive in a week or so. Mine came with Koni shocks, a heavy duty rear stabilizer, and Hellwig helper springs. They call it the "JRIDE Plus" system. Still waiting for the RoadmasterReflex steering stabilizer.

Please let us know when you do I really want to get the Timbrens for the front and the rear but for what I have been reading the Sumo will be the best bang for the buck, if I can minimize the body roll I will be happy.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
You can do the CHF for the rear sway bar, I just did but I haven't taken it out yet.
This is interesting, did you take any pictures of how you did this and how the bar looks when done?

Also, let us know if it helped with the body roll once you get a chance to drive it.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2020 Jeep Gladiator toad (Waiting for new Bronco)

2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:30 PM   #46

No, I didn't get any pics I didn't think about it until we were leaving , but I will be going back sometime this week, maybe tomorrow and I will take some pics and post them. It will a while now before we can get out I think sometime in September to try it out.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:40 PM   #47

I have this pics off one of the site I go to but until I can go out tomorrow and take some pics this is what it look like. The arm is on the back hole were it was in the first hole, this will give you an ideal until I can upload the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
CHF.jpg  
Old 07-21-2022, 06:32 PM   #48

Here are some pics of the CHF on my rear sway bar I move the arm back one.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN4466.JPG   DSCN4460.JPG   DSCN4462.JPG   DSCN4464.JPG   DSCN4468.JPG  

DSCN4461.JPG   DSCN4467.JPG  
Old 07-22-2022, 06:13 AM   #49

Hey Big1, Thanks for the pictures. That looks easy enough, I may do the same when I'm under there installing the Koni shocks next week. Hopefully that will help with the body roll a bit.

Old 07-22-2022, 03:30 PM   #50

Sumo or Timbren

I installed the Sumos (front and back ) today. The fronts were very easy and took about 15 minutes. The rears took about an hour all together but were still fairly easy for this old retired guy. I bought them from Michigan Truck Spring and their service was excellent. I received them in 3 days with free shipping.
I bought the:
Rear Axle SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs 1500Lbs Cap- SSR-130-47 5"high, 4" Dia and I used the additiona spacer that was included.
and the:
Front Axle SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs 1000Lbs Cap- #SSF-106-47 4" high, 3" dia

I've only driven it about 5 miles since installation but it is a decided improvement. I should have done this a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Sumo Kit.jpg   Front factory bumper.jpg   Front Sumo spring.jpg   Rear factory bupmer.jpg   Rear Sumo Spring.jpg  

mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:28 AM   #51

Quote:
Hey Big1, Thanks for the pictures. That looks easy enough, I may do the same when I'm under there installing the Koni shocks next week. Hopefully that will help with the body roll a bit.

You're welcome sir, if you do take a little jack with you once I took the bolts out I had to jack the sway bar up just a little so I could put back the bolts, just a little not much. Torque them back to 66 ft lbs, I haven't try it out yet but I know it will work it's all over the Youtube videos, I figure between that and the safe-t-plus and the rear trac bar I should get less to hardly roll.

I also was thinking to install the Koni shock and or the sumo spring for the front and timbrens for the rear. Let me know how the shock install goes I might want to do the same myself.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:33 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdcwo View Post
I installed the Sumos (front and back ) today. The fronts were very easy and took about 15 minutes. The rears took about an hour all together but were still fairly easy for this old retired guy. I bought them from Michigan Truck Spring and their service was excellent. I received them in 3 days with free shipping.
I bought the:
Rear Axle SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs 1500Lbs Cap- SSR-130-47 5"high, 4" Dia and I used the additiona spacer that was included.
and the:
Front Axle SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs 1000Lbs Cap- #SSF-106-47 4" high, 3" dia

I've only driven it about 5 miles since installation but it is a decided improvement. I should have done this a year ago.

Awesome install I really want to install these the front I'm not worry about but the rear for the Class A I have to drill 8 holes in the side of the frame, and although I can do it but I might have to remover the rear tires, I might can drill them without remove the wheel but it will be a pain. I have to look at the rear again and see if this something that I want to do, so I might go with the Koni shock because they are less painful. I went to that website and I didn't see anything for the F53.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:53 PM   #53

Quote:
Awesome install I really want to install these the front I'm not worry about but the rear for the Class A I have to drill 8 holes in the side of the frame, and although I can do it but I might have to remover the rear tires, I might can drill them without remove the wheel but it will be a pain. I have to look at the rear again and see if this something that I want to do, so I might go with the Koni shock because they are less painful. I went to that website and I didn't see anything for the F53.
I ordered the Koni shocks from https://supersteerparts.com/ They have a listing for our 2022 24K F53.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:23 PM   #54

Quote:
I ordered the Koni shocks from https://supersteerparts.com/ They have a listing for our 2022 24K F53.

Thank you, the company is really not too far on where I live, let me know how did the install go, I want to install these next but at over $700 for the front and rear I might have to hold off on them right now. The wife and I just bought a new little runabout so when we get to where we going we will have transportation when we get there, money is a little tight.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #55

Quote:
You're welcome sir, if you do take a little jack with you once I took the bolts out I had to jack the sway bar up just a little so I could put back the bolts, just a little not much. Torque them back to 66 ft lbs, I haven't try it out yet but I know it will work it's all over the Youtube videos, I figure between that and the safe-t-plus and the rear trac bar I should get less to hardly roll.

I also was thinking to install the Koni shock and or the sumo spring for the front and timbrens for the rear. Let me know how the shock install goes I might want to do the same myself.
I got the Koni shocks installed and moved the swaybar link to the back hole (super easy). I hope to drive it some this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #56

Good video on all this;

https://youtu.be/PceY3hcsJSk

The 2023 Alante models now come with the steering stabilizer. Figures.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:07 PM   #57

Quote:
I got the Koni shocks installed and moved the swaybar link to the back hole (super easy). I hope to drive it some this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes.

Please do let me know, getting the Koni Shock is the first on my list, or the Radius Rod.

I probably will go with the shocks.