Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Yes, great so you did replace both the front and rear right and how hard was it? This is the next mods I want to do for my coach.

My DW and I went out to the coach the other day and I install the Ultra Smart Rock Guard flip for the rocks so it want ding up my toad it was an easy installed.
Yes, I did front and rear. Both were easy with air tools.

The Rock guard sounds cool, I should get something before I ding up my wife's new Jeep.

Can you post some pictures of the one you got?

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:38 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
Yes, I did front and rear. Both were easy with air tools.

The Rock guard sounds cool, I should get something before I ding up my wife's new Jeep.

Can you post some pictures of the one you got?

Yes, I can it came out very nice and it was very easy also we are on a youth retreat now for my church so I'm out of town and want be back until sometime tomorrow all the photo is on my one computer but I will post them when I get back home.

I might be pulling the trigger on the front two shock for now but if I can come up with so more money, I will get the ones for the rear.

What did you torque the bolt to when you install the shocks, was it 140 ft lb? This will save your wife new car, I bought one so I didn't want to beat it up with flying rocks.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #63

Oh I had some on my phone so I might can send them to my email and post them, let me see. I think that you can see them but if not I have some better pics on my main pc at home.
Attached Thumbnails
20220816_154039_resized.jpg   20220816_154054_resized.jpg   20220816_154457_resized.jpg   20220816_154510_resized.jpg   20220816_154046_resized.jpg  

Old 08-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #64

Quote:
Oh I had some on my phone so I might can send them to my email and post them, let me see. I think that you can see them but if not I have some better pics on my main pc at home.
Thanks for the pictures, that turned out great and looks easy enough to install.

2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
Old 08-20-2022, 05:01 PM   #65

Yes, it was very easy, I put the whole thing together on the table so when I got out to my storage I got underneath and attach it by those two bolts that were already there. I'm out of town now and want be back until today sometime, my plan is to at least order the front shocks and later I will order the one for the rear.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:10 PM   #66

Quote:
Yes, it was very easy, I put the whole thing together on the table so when I got out to my storage I got underneath and attach it by those two bolts that were already there. I'm out of town now and want be back until today sometime, my plan is to at least order the front shocks and later I will order the one for the rear.
Hi Big1. Do you have a link for that rock guard? I want to check if it fits my Alante 27A. Is there a link on amazon for it?
Old 08-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #67

Here you go, they have the 94x20 and the 94x16 I have the 94x20.
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Solutio...s%2C228&sr=8-1

What I did is that I measure from the bottom of the frame to the ground, on level ground of courage, as level as you can and see which one you need. Here some pics, you can see how I attach it, I got the ideal from one of the member here on the forum, I forget which member.

The rubber is very thick but I was able to install it by myself with no problem, this is one mod that I'm going to like and my toad will thank you also.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN4484.JPG   DSCN4488.JPG   DSCN4490.JPG   DSCN4491.JPG   DSCN4494.JPG  

DSCN4498.JPG   DSCN4499.JPG   DSCN4493.JPG  
Old 08-24-2022, 06:19 AM   #68

I put the same rock guard on but i put 2 set of chain 1 set to the 1/2 in bolts for the hitch and 1 set around the frame. That just in case the main set breaks the guard won't hit my tow. Did 5800 miles with it in 3 months. I know i over think sometime.
2022 36K7 GT 7 Georgetown
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Tony p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:38 AM   #69

Quote:
Here you go, they have the 94x20 and the 94x16 I have the 94x20.
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Solutio...s%2C228&sr=8-1

What I did is that I measure from the bottom of the frame to the ground, on level ground of courage, as level as you can and see which one you need. Here some pics, you can see how I attach it, I got the ideal from one of the member here on the forum, I forget which member.

The rubber is very thick but I was able to install it by myself with no problem, this is one mod that I'm going to like and my toad will thank you also.
Thanks for all the pictures, mine will be here today and I'll be installing it this weekend. Looks like it will really protect the new Jeep.

2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
Old 08-24-2022, 05:33 PM   #70

My Ultra Guard came in today and I got it mounted up. Super easy install and our Jeep is going to be so happy.
Attached Thumbnails
2022-08-24 18.51.30.jpg  

2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
Old 08-24-2022, 11:50 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony p View Post
I put the same rock guard on but i put 2 set of chain 1 set to the 1/2 in bolts for the hitch and 1 set around the frame. That just in case the main set breaks the guard won't hit my tow. Did 5800 miles with it in 3 months. I know i over think sometime.

Awesome, do you have any pics of your install, I look but I guess that I need to look again, I wanted to attach a chain on each end, but I really didn't see anywhere to hook it to I might have to get back underneath again and check? After looking at my pics I guess that I can install two more in between on what I have now on that one beam but I need to go back out to the storage.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:52 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
My Ultra Guard came in today and I got it mounted up. Super easy install and our Jeep is going to be so happy.

Wow, that was fast it look good and yes your Jeep will thank you. I suppose to get my shock in pretty soon I just can't wait so I can install them.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:55 AM   #73

Would like to have a pic for you but my MH went into the dealer shop for some more thing to be repaired and thing that they haven't fix from before. I know i went around the frame the Pass side was the hardest side to stay away from all the cables and hoses. throughs chain is there just in case one of the other brakes so the guard would not hit the tow. From looking at your pixs i have a link attached to the angle iron also then chain that is also were i attached the 2nd set of chains also with some slack in them, guess i could have use cable in stand of chain. sorry I don't have any pix of it for you. Hope that helps safe travels.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 08-25-2022, 09:08 PM   #74

Quote:
Would like to have a pic for you but my MH went into the dealer shop for some more thing to be repaired and thing that they haven't fix from before. I know i went around the frame the Pass side was the hardest side to stay away from all the cables and hoses. throughs chain is there just in case one of the other brakes so the guard would not hit the tow. From looking at your pixs i have a link attached to the angle iron also then chain that is also were i attached the 2nd set of chains also with some slack in them, guess i could have use cable in stand of chain. sorry I don't have any pix of it for you. Hope that helps safe travels.

No problem sir and thank you for your service, it is always good to see a veteran, we like the floorplan of the Precept 34G but they didn't have any there.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:21 PM   #75

Well, guys, after finally taken our MH out with all of the mods I did I think that I will holds off on installing Sumo Spring, driving down the interstate with all of the big truck passing by I was able to keep it in the lane, this is just like day and night.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:42 AM   #76

Sumos don't help with semi truck push a whole lot, thats the rear trac bar, Sumos help with corning lean/roll and bounce/sway like turning off a big driveway curb or driving past overpass/bridge seam.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-491687.html

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:16 AM   #77

Big1, I did the same thing with the rock guard i did add big fender washer to the 1/2 in nuts with some blue Loctite, like is said in my earlier post I additional set of chains to the guard that attach to frame itself for that just in case time. I have done over 6000 miles with it so far and my tow is fine. That is great that you found your fix for your highway driving
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 09-15-2022, 03:39 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Sumos don't help with semi truck push a whole lot, thats the rear trac bar, Sumos help with corning lean/roll and bounce/sway like turning off a big driveway curb or driving past overpass/bridge seam.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-491687.html
Okay, this is good to hear because I really don't want to put money in something that I really don't need right now. I have the Safe-T-Plus and the Rear Trac Bar and it is working very well, I do get some push but not nearly as much when I first drove it home. I was on pins and needle because it felt like I was going to wreak my new MH. Thank you.

Quote:
Big1, I did the same thing with the rock guard i did add big fender washer to the 1/2 in nuts with some blue Loctite, like is said in my earlier post I additional set of chains to the guard that attach to frame itself for that just in case time. I have done over 6000 miles with it so far and my tow is fine. That is great that you found your fix for your highway driving
First off I just want to say if I haven't said it before thank you for your service, I was in during the Vietnam War and although I didn't go there but I was in during that time.

It's good to hear that it's still holding, do you happen to have an pics of your setup?