Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2022, 08:30 AM   #21

So, IMO the Konis initial action is too soft. They are a more progressive shock than the Bilsteins. I feel like the Bilstein is more consistent in its action. That could just be personal preference, or it could be how they work in combination with the Sumo/Timbren setup I have. I use the Bilstein B6 units though. 24-234511 on the front and 24-234528 on the rear.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher523 View Post
A lot of the rough ride is a product of the short wheelbase, however.... You could soften the ride a bit by changing out the shocks (a lot of people love Koni - I prefer Bilstein) and by playing with the tire pressure. For example, in my 31R Jayco recommends 82psi in the front and the rear. I run 90psi in the front and 88psi in the rear and while its only a few psi different it is noticeable in how it behaves on the road.
Koni’s here. 82psi is a bit better but you gain more sidewall weaving. 95psi felt more stable but rattles your teeth with Goodyear 19.5 tires.

On good roads everything fine and dandy, but our trip to Yellowstone from Ohio and back, I-80 and I-90, bridges/overpasses/seams, rumble strips, potholes, frost heaves (Bad Lands) HWY 44, I have all the above upgrades and suspension still felt horrible. Even ask my 16yr old. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Wyoming, SD, Minn, Wisconsin, they all had stretches that build back America needs to address.

To get diesel pusher like comfort in the gas class A space, gonna need LiquidSpring, maybe Kenderman air bags.
Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:40 PM   #23

Thank you guys for your comments , well I went and install my Safe-T-Plus today but I didn't get a chance to take it for a ride yet and I just received my Rear Trac Bar today so I will be going out tomorrow and installing that in storage.

@ cfisher523 will these fit my coach I know that mines is a little heavier than your, I might just go to Super Steer website and see? I'm either going to do shocks or Sumo and Timbrens next. Doing the Sumo for the rear might be a pain but if I go with the Timbrens for the rear it want be as bad.

Now, I heard that if you do the front shocks that you really don't have to do the rear or should I just do both?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:25 AM   #24

Bilstein's website doesn't list a shock part number for the 2022 F53. However, the part number hasn't changed almost ever. I think like 1999 - 2021 takes the same part numbers. I know for a fact 2018 - 2021 is the same. Unless Ford changed something between 2021 and 2022 you should be fine with those part numbers.

As far as front only... I can't really say as I didn't do that and I don't know anyone who has. I have always done shocks in full sets when changing for ride quality.

The front Sumos are easy, just takes some time and the right tools. If you go Timbrens on the rear they are also pretty easy - Sumo in the rear is a little more of a project.

Whatever you do you're bound to see improvement. Don't brush off playing with your tire pressures either. A even as little as 5 pounds can yield a noticeable difference. Good luck!

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 09:18 AM   #25

I wouldn’t suggest Timbrens to control roll. I installed them on my F350 to reduce the squat when hitched and feel they were an excellent solution for that.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #26

Thank you guys, your comments give me a little more direction on which way to go.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:09 AM   #27

Well, guys, I started out pretty good now all I need is to drive it and see how it handle on the road. I did the Rear Trac Bar and the Safe-T-Plus I think that before I do anything else I want to take it out and see how it drive. The one thing that I want to achieve is I want to improve on the handling when big truck pass by.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN4445.JPG   DSCN4447.JPG   DSCN4449.JPG   DSCN4457.JPG   DSCN4454.JPG  

Old 07-15-2022, 10:59 AM   #28

Should help.

Do alignment first? Otherwise you’ll be adjusting the stabilizer. Once that is done, you’ll want the SS to pull a bit left, since you’ll be driving in right hand lane.

psi from 82 to 95, but higher=harder ride

Looks good!

#Bru_Tube

Old 07-15-2022, 09:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Should help.

Do alignment first? Otherwise you’ll be adjusting the stabilizer. Once that is done, you’ll want the SS to pull a bit left, since you’ll be driving in right hand lane.

psi from 82 to 95, but higher=harder ride

Looks good!
Okay thank you, now I need to find someone that can do it, so I can air down my tires to 82 to 95 psi I was looking at the tires and they are 105 psi or higher I can't remember now?
Old 07-16-2022, 06:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay thank you, now I need to find someone that can do it, so I can air down my tires to 82 to 95 psi I was looking at the tires and they are 105 psi or higher I can't remember now?
You need to weigh coach with everything you normally plan on taking with you on a trip. Get the proper psi, refer to the tire make’s specs. Although, higher psi will make it rough on bumps. I usually do 1/3 water fill, fresh tank of gas and family and normal items I need for a trip. Get the CAT Apps and weigh after fillup at a Pilot, Flying J or Loves.

For our 31V, 82 is the min, 100 is max. Just have to figure out the best for your coach.

I’m still trying to find the right psi sweetspot, lol, 95 seems to be best fit for us for less rut tracking/push from trucks, but might try 87-90 on next outing to soften up potholes and such.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:45 PM   #31

Liquid Springs

I'm in a 2019 Precept and had Liquid Springs installed early March, since then about 10K miles and it still surprises me when I get on the road. It is so much more than an improvement in stability and handling. Yes, it's costly but I had spent almost half the LS cost chasing all the add-ons you are talking about in this thread. None of them came anywhere close to what LS did. Local rough roads are smoother in my MH than in my luxury car, we don't even lock the refrigerator door any more when traveling. And, no I don't have any connection with the company or get any $$$ from my commendation of their product, it's just that good.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I'm in a 2019 Precept and had Liquid Springs installed early March, since then about 10K miles and it still surprises me when I get on the road. It is so much more than an improvement in stability and handling. Yes, it's costly but I had spent almost half the LS cost chasing all the add-ons you are talking about in this thread. None of them came anywhere close to what LS did. Local rough roads are smoother in my MH than in my luxury car, we don't even lock the refrigerator door any more when traveling. And, no I don't have any connection with the company or get any $$$ from my commendation of their product, it's just that good.

Thank you sir for your comment, I would have to see if they have anything like that here in the PNW, it might be worth looking into.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:16 PM   #33

I did the rear track bar. It did a lot ,them if not totally happy do the Safety street.
ih-nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:03 AM   #34

We had a 38ft Georgetown that I had the steering stablizer and Sumo's all way around and could drive with one hand.
Harleys house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:55 AM   #35

I'm Looking at the same question for our class "C". It has a lot of body roll and I have a roadmaster stabilizer on order to help the steering.
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:52 PM   #36

Thank you guys for your comment, I was under the MH and I seen that on the rear sway bar I could do the CHF but I might wait to see how this ride. I will let some of the air out for a more smoother ride, the only thing that I am worrying about is the body roll and if I can stop that or 80% of it I will be happy.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #37

I installed Safe T Plus and the rear Trac Bar on my 36C and it did make a big difference. I don't really get sway now but the ride is still rough and I get a lot of body roll.

I ordered Koni shocks and they should be here next week. Hopefully they will help the ride.

Still not sure what is best for the body roll but it looks like Sumo Springs will be a pain to install in the rear. Front, not bad at all.

2022 Entegra Vision XL 36C
2023 Ford Bronco (Toad)
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH 5th wheel (sold)
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
I installed Safe T Plus and the rear Trac Bar on my 36C and it did make a big difference. I don't really get sway now but the ride is still rough and I get a lot of body roll.

I ordered Koni shocks and they should be here next week. Hopefully they will help the ride.

Still not sure what is best for the body roll but it looks like Sumo Springs will be a pain to install in the rear. Front, not bad at all.
Hi justafordguy.

Let me know once you add the konis... If it helps with the body roll or not.. I'm on the same boat.. I added safe-t and rear trac bar and it helped tremendously on my Alante 27A.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:47 PM   #39

Sumos all around helped me for roll.

#Bru_Tube

Old 07-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #40

Sumo or Timbren

I ordered Sumos for front and rear. They should arrive in a week or so. Mine came with Koni shocks, a heavy duty rear stabilizer, and Hellwig helper springs. They call it the "JRIDE Plus" system. Still waiting for the RoadmasterReflex steering stabilizer.
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote