Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #1

Tailgator satellite dish

I have a 2021 entegra emblem 36t motorhome. When i hookup a portable tailgator satellite dish running cable directly to receiver and tv it works fine. however does not work when i connect to satellite input located in cargo area
michaelmnpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:51 AM   #2

Check all your rig's internal cable connections as its been known to be an issue that all cables aren't connected, i.e., Jayco quality issue

Mark
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
CAG

Or the line runs through a splitter and that does not work with the dish.

Call Jayco. They sent me a schem of the cable and electric wiring.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #4

It is mind boggling the issues I've had with the tailgater antennae. The recommendation from King is to connect directly to the televisions from the antenna, with cables no longer than 25', and no connectors in the system. Believe me, I've spent hours on the phone, and visited service centers to work out the problem. Add to the fact that no rv dealers, or the company, can tell you, or show you the cable schematics for your rig. Three rigs, and all three had the same issue.

That being said....my 2016 Jayco Alante has three TV's, and one cable connection outside. Unbelievably, I can connect my tailgater to it, and all three work. But the system can only view the same program on all tvs. No one can explain it. The cable connects to a hdmi splitter device, that sends the signal to all the sets with hdmi cables. I wish I could tell you how it works,. but I can't. Nor will King, or my dealer able to offer an explanation . I have a King Tailgater 2 Pro with a Dish Wally receiver.
Banksville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:44 AM   #5
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksville View Post
It is mind boggling the issues I've had with the tailgater antennae. The recommendation from King is to connect directly to the televisions from the antenna, with cables no longer than 25', and no connectors in the system. Believe me, I've spent hours on the phone, and visited service centers to work out the problem. Add to the fact that no rv dealers, or the company, can tell you, or show you the cable schematics for your rig. Three rigs, and all three had the same issue.

That being said....my 2016 Jayco Alante has three TV's, and one cable connection outside. Unbelievably, I can connect my tailgater to it, and all three work. But the system can only view the same program on all tvs. No one can explain it. The cable connects to a hdmi splitter device, that sends the signal to all the sets with hdmi cables. I wish I could tell you how it works,. but I can't. Nor will King, or my dealer able to offer an explanation . I have a King Tailgater 2 Pro with a Dish Wally receiver.

Firstly, if you only have one receiver and the Dish is attached to that, with that then going to the TVs via the HDMI, you will only be able to see the one channel that it is on. The receiver only has one output. It's pretty simple, one channel into the receiver, one channel out to all TVs.

I am not familiar with the coax set up on the Alante but in order to get the Sat signal from the Tailgator on mine some rewiring needed to be done at the location where it all comes together over the TV. That information is in the Manuals, Misc section above and listed under 2018 Greyhawk that I uploaded previously. Yours may be different. Call Jayco and ask them.

Here is my set up and what has to be done to get TV in from the outside without going through a window with cable (jerryrig).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tailgater Sat Hook up.1.pdf (275.1 KB, 44 views)

Old 01-20-2021, 09:17 PM   #6

I've been through this most if not all rv's have splitters and the Dish Nework Cable system don't do well with splitters.

The first 5 times that we went out I fought with this over and over again so what I did is I bypass all of the connection in the rv and drill a hole in the side both for my living area and my bedroom and I hook up the Tailgater Antenna directly to the input on the side and it work good.

I'm not saying that you have to drill a hole in the side of your rig there are other ways but this way work for me, so now I can watch what I want in the living room and she can watch what she want in the bedroom. Now all I need is to buy another antenna.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #7
CAG

And I have not found a system yet that you cannot get around the splitter including the schematic I posted. The last thing I would do is drill a hole in the side of the rig.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Make sure you use the satellite cable at the main TV. That line will normally run directly from the wet bay to the main TV. It is normally hidden and not connected to anything at the TV, so you may have to pull some panels and look for it.

I would contact Jayco Motorized Customer Service and ask them for the AV wiring schematic. It will come as a PDF, and will be similar to the one attached below. Again, yours will be different, but should be similar. That will give you an idea of what you have in terms of wiring. For example in mine if you look at position 10, you see 4RG/6 BLK A Cable In and 4RG/6 GRY YEL TP. Cable TV is black RG6 and Sat is Grey RG6 with yellow tip. The number "4" at the beginning of each says where it goes, so if you look at location 4, you see their counterpart description is there. Determine where location 4 is and find the panel that could hide these cables and start looking. Again your numbers, locations, and colors may be different, so getting this from Jayco is an important first step.

Jayco Motorized CS - 800-517-9137
Have your VIN number available, they will typically ask for the last 8 digits.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entegra 31V Signal Cable Schematic.pdf (177.7 KB, 21 views)
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmnpp View Post
I have a 2021 entegra emblem 36t motorhome. When i hookup a portable tailgator satellite dish running cable directly to receiver and tv it works fine. however does not work when i connect to satellite input located in cargo area
Are you sure that what is in the cargo area is the satellite "input" and not an "output"? My RV is different, however I would check and see if you have a different location for the "input". ~CA
Old 01-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Make sure you use the satellite cable at the main TV. That line will normally run directly from the wet bay to the main TV. It is normally hidden and not connected to anything at the TV, so you may have to pull some panels and look for it.

I would contact Jayco Motorized Customer Service and ask them for the AV wiring schematic. It will come as a PDF, and will be similar to the one attached below. Again, yours will be different, but should be similar. That will give you an idea of what you have in terms of wiring. For example in mine if you look at position 10, you see 4RG/6 BLK A Cable In and 4RG/6 GRY YEL TP. Cable TV is black RG6 and Sat is Grey RG6 with yellow tip. The number "4" at the beginning of each says where it goes, so if you look at location 4, you see their counterpart description is there. Determine where location 4 is and find the panel that could hide these cables and start looking. Again your numbers, locations, and colors may be different, so getting this from Jayco is an important first step.

Jayco Motorized CS - 800-517-9137
Have your VIN number available, they will typically ask for the last 8 digits.
We have a Seneca 37K so I am not sure how your cabling come in to you RV. In ours in the wet bay are two inputs for coax. One labeled cable the other Satellite. The Satellite will work for an external sat antenna but you have to go into your unit where the connections are made for your satellite receiver and other distribution point for your TV(s). In ours the are numerous cables that have been run and are just "stuffed" back behind a panel which has 110 connections and in ours Sat. 1 and 2 for a rooftop dome or Travler. You need a cable tone tester to locate the cable tv from outside to determine which one is in your cabinet.
Hope this helps.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:39 PM   #11

I got so tried of fighting with my cable tailgater antenna I said enough is enough so I drill two holes, one for my living area and the other for my bedroom.

DW see me for hours fighting with trying to get the tv to work because she like one show and I like another kind of shows. Now what I need to do is the buy another king tailgater antenna so I can connect to the bedroom tv separate.

The bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3620.JPG   DSCN3624.JPG   DSCN3628.JPG   DSCN3639.JPG   DSCN3649.JPG  

Old 01-25-2021, 11:41 PM   #12

Living room area.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3423.JPG   DSCN3426.JPG   DSCN3434.JPG   DSCN3448.JPG   DSCN3458.JPG