Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #1

Theater recliner options for Precept 35US

A trip to Shipshewana, IN to visit RV furniture manufacturers did not help us make a decision to replace our couch.

I initially wanted to visit Mastercraft, tour their plant and showroom but they were closed for the two days we were there, bummer!

Visited Lambright's and fell in love with their theater seating. Very well constructed and a large selection of material but at $3000 we decided to pass. They must do very well as their lead time is 4 to 6 weeks for installation. A nice feature here is roller installation under the front of the steel frame to support raised slide mounted recliners.

Bontrager Surplus had some older RV furniture but nothing looked suitable. Great place to visit if you need something for restoration for an older RV. If they don't have it you probably don't need it.

Brad and Hall have a nice selection of furniture, most is manufactured by Lambright or Flexsteel. We did not like Flexsteel seating, seemed very uncomfortable. B & H have a nice showroom and also do installations.

RecPro does not have a showroom and no means of trying their products. While they do have some good online reviews we both have agreed not to purchase seating without seeing and sitting.

Locally we have tried Lippert's Thomas Payne seats but dealers never have the electric hooked up to test reclining comfort and have yet to find mechanical recliners by Lippert on a showroom floor.

We even looked at Value City Furniture but their theater recliners are all overstuffed models that don't fit my 77 inch width requirement.

We hope to find a Lazyboy showroom to see what they have to offer but I'm not expecting much from that brand.

So, we are still searching and I posted this in hopes of suggestions from owners/users of quality RV theater seating. I plan to follow up with Mastercraft furniture in the next few days.

Lots of campgrounds in this area and well worth the visit, especially if you want a factory tour for Jayco and most of the other manufacturers.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3324.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	50972

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	50973

Name:	IMG_3452.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	50974
The originals, what I installed from CW with power, heat, massage and lights and magazine holder I found to fill the gap.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #3

Hello Palms,

I remember your installation. We found a great deal on the same furniture from a local dealer but it was in grey color and matched nothing in our coach.

I figure we have 6 months to find something before heading out to FL in January.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #4

@Palms,

Received some pictures and dimensions from RecPro yesterday along with spending time around our couch with a tape measure.

I see a couple of issues and not sure of a workaround:

1. My slide is 5 inches plus carpet off the floor. When the Theater seating is installed there will be a huge gap under the front. Coming in the entrance door the gap will be visible back to the carpeted slide.

2. Most of the seats we have looked at have a cushion height of 38" off the floor. This hits our windows about half way up in the narrow crank out section.

DW not liking either of these issues. RecPro sent a picture showing the slide built out and covered in the same material as the seats. Looks acceptable to me but the top of the seats are still midway in the narrow window.

How did you handle #1? Sorry about the pic rotation.
Attached Thumbnails
slide out wrap.jpg  
Old 06-27-2019, 08:15 PM   #5

Will try to post pics this weekend.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #6

Name:	IMG_3603.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	51141

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	51142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	51143
This is how it looks with the slide out and in as taken from the stairway. We never gave it a second thought. Truth be told the comfort and convenience far outweighs that someone could eventually see what’s under it. Hope it helps.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:33 PM   #7

Thanks a million Palms. That doesn't look as bad as what I thought with a 5 inch height off the floor.

Found a real deal locally on that same arrangement, $900 out the door. The bad part is the color is light grey and doesn't match anything or complement anything in our Cappuccino color scheme.

Still considering RecPro furniture and probably should call Mastercraft before we pull the trigger.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #8

The originals, what I installed from CW with power, heat, massage and lights and magazine holder I found to fill the gap.

Hi, the theater seating Jayco put in our 2020 Precept 34G didn't even last a year before it failed. The couch you put in looks great. Can you tell me the make/model and where you got it?

Thanks!
Mojates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:27 PM   #9
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
A trip to Shipshewana, IN to visit RV furniture manufacturers did not help us make a decision to replace our couch.

I initially wanted to visit Mastercraft, tour their plant and showroom but they were closed for the two days we were there, bummer!

Visited Lambright's and fell in love with their theater seating. Very well constructed and a large selection of material but at $3000 we decided to pass. They must do very well as their lead time is 4 to 6 weeks for installation. A nice feature here is roller installation under the front of the steel frame to support raised slide mounted recliners.

Bontrager Surplus had some older RV furniture but nothing looked suitable. Great place to visit if you need something for restoration for an older RV. If they don't have it you probably don't need it.

Brad and Hall have a nice selection of furniture, most is manufactured by Lambright or Flexsteel. We did not like Flexsteel seating, seemed very uncomfortable. B & H have a nice showroom and also do installations.

RecPro does not have a showroom and no means of trying their products. While they do have some good online reviews we both have agreed not to purchase seating without seeing and sitting.

Locally we have tried Lippert's Thomas Payne seats but dealers never have the electric hooked up to test reclining comfort and have yet to find mechanical recliners by Lippert on a showroom floor.

We even looked at Value City Furniture but their theater recliners are all overstuffed models that don't fit my 77 inch width requirement.

We hope to find a Lazyboy showroom to see what they have to offer but I'm not expecting much from that brand.

So, we are still searching and I posted this in hopes of suggestions from owners/users of quality RV theater seating. I plan to follow up with Mastercraft furniture in the next few days.

Lots of campgrounds in this area and well worth the visit, especially if you want a factory tour for Jayco and most of the other manufacturers.

I did not read this entire thread and post but there are some in depth posts on RecPro replacements that can probably be found with the search feature. It may help some.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #10

RecPro off Amazon and Prime.

If we didn't like them, a return would be painless. We liked them.