Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2020, 03:18 PM   #21

This works

Bought this and I like the display unit which is solar chargeable. The Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge System: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085C2HMQP
kyleebrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #22

I always have recommend Tire safeguard. I’m on my second system., (sold my last one with the RV), It’s what the truckers use, it does not need the antenna extended, it has an awesome range. Most important thing to me, besides it’s operation, is customer service. Deon, who runs tech support/internal sales, , always gets back to me, takes care of any issues, walk you through everything, he’s an awesome person to deal with. Here is his number 1 (818) 400-9976 in CA
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
Don't get rid of the spares, unless you plan to get rid of the truck in 7 years. All of our built-in sensors on our truck have died. So we used our Tire Minder for all tires including spares. The batteries in the built-ins are good for 7 to 8 years and are not replaceable. You have to replace the entire sensor. The new built-in sensor costs around $270.
Good info, I have never thought about how long they last. I can assure you that I will be driving this truck as long as I can drive. I hope to leave it to one of my sons! My last PSD was purchased new and it was still in good condition after 14 years.

I may just remove the batteries and store them for that purpose or if one of my rigs go bad. So far they have performed flawlessly.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #24

Yup! What I have!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:43 PM   #25

Another vote for the TST 507, best $280 spent. Looks like the price has gone up in the last few months since I bought it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the monochrome version with the cap sensors(not the pass thru). The color version is available for a few $ more, just not sure it has any benefit other than it looks pretty. The caps are quick and easy to remove as long as the stems are accessible. Just this past weekend my buddy blew a tire and lost all the power to his kitchen and slide on the way to the coast. No telling what it is going to cost to repair, certainly much more than the cost of this TPMS. When I haul my skid steer on my flat bed I simply unscrew the caps from the Travel trailer and put them on the flat bed tires in about 2 minutes. Additional sensors are pricey at about $50 a piece. A couple of years ago I blew a tire on the flat bed and never knew it until a Deputy pulled me over and read me the riot act because the shrapnel rained down on his patrol car.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:27 AM   #26

$70
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov4labs8 View Post
I am in the market for a tire monitor for my 2018 Precept. There are so many for sale, not sure what the best one would be for my rig. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 4 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi)
#1 Best Seller in Aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
In Stock
Free Shipping for Prime Members & FREE Returns
This is a gift This is a giftLearn more
Qty:
Qty: 1

Decent and reasonable price at Amazon
Rex Newkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:48 AM   #27
Site Team

Make sure what ever you get will handle the Max pressure on your tire with the highest cold temps. Many of the ones I see others using on their rigs would not be suitable for a tire with a cold temp of over 80 psi.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Newkirk View Post
$70
Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 4 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi)
#1 Best Seller in Aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
In Stock
Free Shipping for Prime Members & FREE Returns
This is a gift This is a giftLearn more
Qty:
Qty: 1

Decent and reasonable price at Amazon
Mine also came with a coupon for a free spare tire adapter. Great deal!
kyleebrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
I personally use the TST TPMS system and absolutely love it. I have the flow through sensors and so when I need to adjust the air I do not have to remove them. Trust me doing so can be a pain in some cases.

https://tsttruck.com/
X2. The stock system that came on my pickup truck failed after a couple of years. Changing internal tire sensors was a PIA. Acquired the TST system for the TT and added 4 additional sensors for the truck wheels. The kit came with a signal relay, which gives me a strong monitoring signal up to a block away.
Have been using it for about 2 years. Metal stems are required. Adjustment with the flow-through sensors is easy.
MoRyde CRE 3000 Suspension Upgrade w/WetBolt kit.
RoadMaster 2 Axle Shock Absorber Kit.
1985 Coachman Catlina 20' (sold)
Sbrinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:58 AM   #30

I get my TPMS from WISH for less than $50. They have many to choose from and are so inexpensive I keep a backup set in my rig so that I don't have to change the batteries on the road. The set I'm on now are in the 3rd year and still working on the original batteries. They have worked without a single problem and easy enough to set up that you don't really need the instructions. If you think they are inferior because they're from china they are probably made side by side with the ones you pay 5 times as much for. I wouldn't make a trip anywhere without a set installed.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #31

Our TST just alarmed yesterday for the first time. Low pressure. Reduced speed and limped to our destination. Found a bolt embedded in the treads.
Angus
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Our TST just alarmed yesterday for the first time. Low pressure. Reduced speed and limped to our destination. Found a bolt embedded in the treads.
Angus
Your TST paid for itself yesterday!
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Make sure what ever you get will handle the Max pressure on your tire with the highest cold temps. Many of the ones I see others using on their rigs would not be suitable for a tire with a cold temp of over 80 psi.
Good advice! Similar to succumbing to 2-foot-itis, the new rig (bigger) may require higher pressure. My G614’s want 110psi.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I get my TPMS from WISH for less than $50. They have many to choose from and are so inexpensive I keep a backup set in my rig so that I don't have to change the batteries on the road. The set I'm on now are in the 3rd year and still working on the original batteries. They have worked without a single problem and easy enough to set up that you don't really need the instructions. If you think they are inferior because they're from china they are probably made side by side with the ones you pay 5 times as much for. I wouldn't make a trip anywhere without a set installed.

I took a look at the WISH product. I found no information on how to set the High or low pressure levels. Also found no way to contact any "Customer Support". If it works for you then I guess it's better than no TPMS. I was considering buying a system to do a comparison test but with no support or reference information I was not interested in wasting money on "distressed" inventory product.