Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
A lot of us have the EEZ Tire Monitoring System and are extremely happy with it. They are also very accurate so no need to check tires with a gauge, just turn on your monitor.
EEZ you won't be disappointed
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #22

Hi Archie, I added the signal booster and haven't had a lost signal yet

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #23

I have the TST-507 monitor. One note: the flow through monitors require metal valve stems. If I had to do it again, I would buy the cap type sensors as the flow through stick out quite a ways and are obvious to thieves. I have the repeater installed and it works well as the rig is 42'-7 inches. Interesting fact: I have the low pressure alarm set to 90 psi and the high set to 130 psi. The required pressure is 100 psi but they gain 20-25 psi when traveling and will alarm. Goes up to 127 psi en route. 2016 Jayco 38FLSA Pinnacle.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #24

Tpms

We also use the TireMinder TM-66 on our MotorHome. It’s saved us thousands of dollars in potential damage by alerting us of tire problems.
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #25

On my 2nd tire safeguard. Sold my first with the RV. Very good product, the best imop. Wireless range is made for big rigs and doesn’t require to be extended like some.
You can buy on amazon or direct.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XXOP4RE/ref=tsm_1_tp_tc
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgarmon View Post
Hi Archie, I added the signal booster and haven't had a lost signal yet
Can you share where/how you mounted your signal booster ?
I am seriously considering one.
The signals off my towed vehicle's sensors keep dropping out and coming back in.
The DW, the tire monitor alarm minder/resetter, gets somewhat annoyed after a while with it.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #27
Joy

EEZ tire monitor system worked flawlessly for 2 years, over 10k miles. Then 1 sensor started eating batteries. Sent defective sensor to tech support and they sent a new one. Set up was easy and I am happy with the anti-theft sensors. FYI...I did not need the Wireless booster for 30’ TT.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #28

Which brand has the most simple to use console?
Old 02-29-2020, 08:40 PM   #29

Riverman.... have this one for over a year, works great! and 1/3 the price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-Tire-...53.m2749.l2649
tom35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
Avoid the Tire Traker - I don’t know how well the others work but the Tire Traker TT-500 leaves a lot to be desired Les

I'm curious. What were your problems? I started in 2010 with the Traker 400. Bought the TT500 monitor with lifetime warranty and posted test results on my RV tire blog.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
All I need is the cheapest one that works well.

If you are shopping for this safety item based on price at lease be sure your system works at the pressure range for your RV. Also confirm that the seller knows RVs and has tech support.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Guys... on a TST system would you buy the color or mono screen, if you bought one again?

Color is pretty but is very hard/impossible to read with my sunglasses on. I think it is the polarization.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by davolson View Post
TST 507 with flow through sensors. No problems switching the sensors between two different trailers seasonally for 4+ years now. Would buy again. Also I don't have metal stems and THUS FAR... no problems.

Keep a close eye on your rubber stems. I have seen reports on a few valve stem failures. Luckily the TPM gave a warning but they still needed to change the tire & wheel and install a new stem. Messed up more than one vacation.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Keep a close eye on your rubber stems. I have seen reports on a few valve stem failures. Luckily the TPM gave a warning but they still needed to change the tire & wheel and install a new stem. Messed up more than one vacation.
X2 ^ ^ ^ ^

Rubber stems insulate the heat transfer to the TPMS sensor. They work much better with Steel stems.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:16 AM   #35

Works for me

We got the B-Qtech 6 sensor system for our Precept 36A (40') and it has worked like a charm for a year. Never had a problem right out of the box. Installed in 30 mins including setup on the controller and tires. I wouldn't take a trip without it. Easily the best $100 I've invested in our MH.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #36
Site Team

My TST 507 system works well w/o the included repeater but I use it anyhow.

I put in the the battery compartment of the fifth wheel. The info says it is not a battery hog, low draw but I am thinking of putting a small on/off switch one of these days.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #37

Good idea on a switch... 12-volt power drains really add up fast.

Think I will go with the TST 507 unit, it's more $$$ but it should last me a good while too.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #38

B-Qtech Wireless Solar Power TPMS, set it up in man cave set on dashboard of Alante 31P
Drove for a mile and all sensors registered 84 after another mile pressure increased til reached normal running pressure. Operated perfectly. I have it plugged into dash 12V plug.
No problem with it.
Dish Wally
longleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #39

Bought a TST unit over 5 years ago with the flow through sensors on rubber valve stems. Traveled from Arizona to both coasts with two different travel trailers (now a Keystone High Country 36 ft). Two problems over the years: first year one of the sensors had a slow leak, service and warranty was absolutely wonderful, second was last year when I had new tires put on the TT while on the road and one sensor wouldn't read. Again customer service was EXCELLENT and it turned out the problem was a bad valve core on that tire. Replaced the valve core and never had another problem. Based on that, 5 years, over 30,000 miles towed and great customer service, I strongly recommend TST.
fitzrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #40

TST signal repeater - hardwire or switched

Per my prior post, I decided to install the repeater after I had a couple of trips where we briefly lost signal from a sender or two - we've had 100% reception since installing the repeater.

Regarding the question of how to power, I too was a bit concerned about battery draw, so I ask tech support, and measured it directly. The consistent answer is that the repeater draws about 0.007-0.008 amps continuously. You can do the math and find that amounts to about 5AH per month, so as long as you are using the MH a few times per year, or at least keep a trickle charger on, you could hardwire into a constant battery source.

I didn't care for that, and I also didn't want to add a switch because 1) I might forget to activate it, and 2) I didn't feel the need to spend $10 on another switch. (I know, that not a lot, but a 'penny saved...')

Instead, I identified a supply wire in my house battery compartment (happens to be near the rear wheels) that would be powered when the master 12V was on, but off when the vehicle or master was off. This was perfect, because it was a switched power source that would be off when in storage, but on when driving!
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote