Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #1

Tpms

Hello all, I am in the market for a TPMS. I see they range from roughly 40.00 to 400.00. Can you all sound off on systems you have that you are happy with? Price, effective, ease of set up, etc.

Can I check pressures and add air manually with these devices on? I always check pressures in my pre trip checks, not fun by the way, for those inside rear tires. Bur from what I have read on here, is that the TPMS only works once on the road.

Also any hacks to make checking inside tire pressures easier?

Thank you...

Sold the Harley, Sold the Vett, turned around and bought a Precept!
Somanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:03 PM   #2

Avoid the Tire Traker - I don’t know how well the others work but the Tire Traker TT-500 leaves a lot to be desired Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #3

A lot of us have the EEZ Tire Monitoring System and are extremely happy with it. They are also very accurate so no need to check tires with a gauge, just turn on your monitor.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #4

DW bought me the TireMinder TM-66 with 6-sensors for the birthday a few years ago. It has to be one of the best things we have put on our Motorhome and the trailer we pull our Toad on.

We wanted a dedicated receiver that did not require a BlueTooth connection or if our phone had an issue.

TireMinder provides free battery replacement every year, along with new o-rings that keep the caps sealed up from moisture.

Every morning when we depart, the DW does the tire pressure inspection from her front seat, while I am doing the visual all around the rig. Once you set your pressure, and enable the TPMS, we rarely need to add air for months.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
A lot of us have the EEZ Tire Monitoring System and are extremely happy with it. They are also very accurate so no need to check tires with a gauge, just turn on your monitor.
Would you recommend the flow thru sensors or if not what type?
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955farm View Post
Would you recommend the flow thru sensors or if not what type?

I have the flow thru on the coach and the security type on the car as the flow thru's stick out a bit.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #7

I purchased the eez tire system 6 wheels sensors for my class c, It works great, also has an alarm for under and over pressure. Easy to install for me. Had it for about 3 months now. Display is easy to read . Fits in my front coffee holder on the drivers side, also can window mount.
onsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #8

One of our first upgrades to the new MH was a TPMS. Narrowing the options down to TireMinder and TST, we went with the TST 507 Series 6 Sensor TPMS System. I've been very happy with that system, and especially enjoy the confidence that I know the pressure and temperature of the tires at any time, and can be spared of the pre-trip ritual of manually checking the pressure in six tires.

The system came with a repeater, which I did not initially install as I had no issues with connecting to the rear sensors. But, after about 6-8 months, I noticed the rear tires occasionally did not read. The issue could have been that the batteries were starting to slow down, or it could have been due to the hotter summer temperatures, which in turn could weaken battery power. Regardless, I simply installed the repeater (as I probably should have done at the start) and the signals have persisted ever since. (BTW, I measured the current draw on the repeater, and it is 0.008A - so, no worries about where you connect it.)

In retrospect, I probably should have opted for the flow-through version, as that would simply air top off when needed (which has only been required twice in a year). (I chose the lower profile standard sensors because I was not sure the flow-through would fit my application.)

Also, while I prefer the look of the color display console for the TST, it is not as easy to read in full daylight as the TireMinder's monochrome LCD display. That is not a regret as much as an observation to consider in your choice.

For us, the TPMS is one of the best investments we made for safety, convenience, comfort, and tire life.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #9
Site Team

I upgraded my old TST system recently to the TST-507 with 8 sensors. All good. I have not installed the repeater yet but plan to. It's included with the purchase.

I did not get the flow thru sensors but did spring for the color monitor.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:24 AM   #10

Guys... on a TST system would you buy the color or mono screen, if you bought one again?
Old 02-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #11

To my knowledge, the current TST 507 product is only available with a color LED. That said, I do still prefer the display, even though it can be hard to see in direct sunlight. Note that it also has audible alarms, so any out-of-bounds conditions (temp and pressure data updated every 30 seconds) will trigger an audible alarm.
SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Guys... on a TST system would you buy the color or mono screen, if you bought one again?
I have the old monitor and it has ben working for years. That said if I were buying new I'd get the color just because I like new shiny(in color) things. :-)

Check TechnoRV. The last time I looked they still had some of the old monitors in stock.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #13

I have the EEZ system.
About 10,000 miles so far.
I added 2 of the flow through sensors after losing 2 of the anti-theft sensors out west on braided steel tire valve extensions that apparently did not like the extra weight ?
One flow through sensor works and the other will not ?
I am ordering two more anti-theft sensors to replace both.

I run them without the plastic anti-theft collars.
The car towed behind the 33 foot RV has 4 mounted but readings are erratic.
I may have to add a booster for more reliability.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #14

We use the RVI TPMS for our motorhome and toad. Love the system and has worked flawlessly so far!

https://rvibrake.com/products/tire-p...nt=21487887429
RVvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #15

I have the flow thru EEZ Tire system with Alligator valve caps (flow thru) and the valves on the inner dual are almost flush with the hole on the wheel. Easy to add air.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #16

All I need is the cheapest one that works well.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:37 PM   #17

We purchased the BELLACORP Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Ten (10) Sensors about 19,000 miles ago on Amazon for some $380 delivered. Have only had to change some transponder batteries once. Mine screw off for filling tires but no big deal. Part of my dash. It’s the middle one. I’m 37’ long and picks up 4 units on my toad with no problem.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2821.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	56599

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #18

I wouldn't be without a TPMS. Almost all modern pickups and autos have a built-in system if you're towing unless you sit in the toad, it's TPMS is useless when it's being towed. We got the TireMinder TPMS about 5 years ago and it works great. As mentioned by another post you get free batteries and o-rings every year (you need to ask). All my encounters with their customer service have been outstanding. They have customer service that compares to what you get at a Disney park. (I worked at Disneyland for 10 years.) When pulling a toad you do need the relay which is powered by the RV, not a battery. The device works anytime you have the monitor in the rig and powered on. One of the best investments I've made for this rig.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #19

TST 507 with flow through sensors. No problems switching the sensors between two different trailers seasonally for 4+ years now. Would buy again. Also I don't have metal stems and THUS FAR... no problems.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #20

I am happy with my wired system purchased from Amazon: EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 8 Sensors (TPMS)
I started out with a wireless one and it had delays in the picture on the monitor, couldn't rely on it for changing lanes and really knowing who was behind me.

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote