Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #21

Tighten Connections

We had the same problem on our Greyhawk and I took out the push button panel above the entrance door and disconnected and reconnected all the cable ends and the problem cleared up.
lbyeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnelson View Post
quote: Yes we pushed the tiny hidden button in the cabinet

i am pretty sure you do not want to have the booster on. It is only for boosting over the air television with the antenna.
correct
Picinisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #23

My advice, just go with Dish network! Lots of channels...
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #24

Here's some low-down from a true "cable guy".

Most cable companies are converting to "digital only" and ditching their analog feeds on their plants to free up bandwidth for faster internet capabilities. This leaves affected RV parks in one of two predicaments...1) keep an inventory of mini set-top boxes and loan or rent to campers or 2) only offer the digital channels that are on the system "in-the-clear" (aka no encryption). This would generally include the off-air local channels.

*Some* cable companies are still offering a 3rd alternative...at least for now. They will install a conversion system that will "dumb down" the digital signals to analog, thus being able to provide a standard, smaller line-up in the clear. This will allow your TV to tune via an analog tuner. Not many RV parks go for this because they usually are required to front the money for the magic gizmo.

I also believe that there are still some no-name TVs out there that do not have digital tuners in them, so that might be where some of the problem lies.

Hope that helps all of you!
RobShanVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jday7757 View Post
ALJO, you could be right, but the way I interpreted the picture was that "Middle>>Outside cable coming in" referred to the outside cable from the campgrounds pedestal connection. So, you are saying it's NOT the cable coming in from the campground's cable connection but the cable coming from my outside TV.
IMO the diagram shows the cable source hitting the middle of the back of the jack. It then feeds OVER to the bedroom output to the right and THROUGH to the front of the wallplate where the main TV hooks up. The LEFT side of the back is where the OTA antenna input hits. When the button is pushed, it bypasses the cable input and allows the antenna input.
RobShanVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #26

Hello
I have a 2021 Precept 34G and found your diagram very helpful. We are at a park with cable hookup but unable to pull channels. I removed the faceplate and found the cable coax cable not hooked up. Where / how do I identify the cable or do you think they never ran it?

Can you reply to me via email bhoseit@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
Bonnie / Lenny Hoseit
hoseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:41 AM   #27

No catv

I had the same problem cable tv not working. From this forum I learned if you remove the panel where the antenna booster /cable switch is you will see if all the cables are hooked up! We have a 2021 Alante 27a. Sure enough when I took the panel apart two cable wires were not hooked up. Actually had to pull them out from under the cabinet. A black cable was the source coming from the back of the coach where you would hook up to campground. And an orange cable that feeds my outside tv. Also found the splitter in that area. Once I hooked up the black and orange cables we now have cable tv!! Of course had to switch the catv and sat connections in the utility area. Seems like the factory likes to switch those 2.
Little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #28

I hooked up a outside antenna, hooked up to cable input outside, no reception at all, with the green light on or off, then I hooked it up to satellite and have reception at my main tv, but not in the bedroom with the green light either on or off?
Countrymno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymno View Post
I hooked up a outside antenna, hooked up to cable input outside, no reception at all, with the green light on or off, then I hooked it up to satellite and have reception at my main tv, but not in the bedroom with the green light either on or off?
Not getting TV reception could just be that nothing is available. Did you do a channel scan for antenna?

Also are you using a satellite receiver (box)? If your modulating the channels without a receiver, you must do a channel scan. Also are the 2 tv’s the same manufacturer? I found out Seiki TV’s can not modulate direct TV! I’m sure there are others that can’t also.

If not any of the above, pull off all coax plates and see what’s connected and what’s not. You might have to invest in a coax tracer/tester and ring out the cable ends to see what’s what.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote