Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #21

Our Precept 31 UL has the worst audio video system I have ever encountered. It is hard to figure out and it never works it has a switch box that sends the signals over data wires Cat 5 . The satellite only works on on tv the over air antenna is very bad and the cable hook up is none existent. We ended buying Firestick and Ruko Tv hook ups and a Verizon hot spot . That works for the most part . Simple is good and Jayco’s system is not worth the money paid for
Klougheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 05:36 PM   #22

I too have a 29v with exact same issue. Not being huge TV people we lived with DVD's! However. we did the same as another post, replaced the bedroom TV with a 32" smart TV for about $125. Either hotspot or catch campground Wi-Fi. Last year for NFL playoffs our son set the other two up with Amazon Fire stick, same deal campground Wi-Fi or hotspot. Our family shares streaming apps and the bedroom is Roku so more than enough to watch! If you fix the cable problem I would love to know how if you can let me know. Good luck!
Brians first rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:09 PM   #23

Cable tv issues

I forgot to add that I also connect the cable in the wet bay to the “satellite” plug and not the “cable” plug. Go figure.
18PRECEPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:53 AM   #24

Also, had an issue with the cable service provided at RV park we stayed at in May for a month. Process of elimination, hooking cable directly into the TV itself, told me it was not hooked/wired up correctly someplace. Brought back to dealer and they rewired everything and now works as it should. The wife is happy now
dmrandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by donconti59@gmail.com View Post
We are about there, Jayco left cables disconnected in our case. Thanks
We have a '22 31UL that's been at the dealer's for nearly 6 weeks (!!!) trying to resolve this same issue. It took weeks for Jayco to provide the schematic to the dealer, which was just received 2 days ago. I haven't heard if they've been able to find the dead ends, and as my wife and I are both isolating with Covid at the moment, we have to wait to pick it up anyway.

Where were your cables disconnected? I've heard this is a common problem, and I find it extremely frustrating that, once a repeating shop error is identified through the warranty process, Jayco (and other mfrs) don't take steps to eliminate it on the shop floor.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:43 AM   #26

My cable from the wet bay was not connected at the wall plate like I said before. the wall plate connection was down the wall about a foot had to get a coat hanger and pull it up and connect it to the wall plate connection then I had cable TV to all TV's.
2022 36K7 GT 7 Georgetown
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Tony p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:21 AM   #27

On my 2015 31UL Precept I had to replace all coax cable connector. They all were bad no crimp and had bad grounds. You could pull the connectors off by hand.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #28

Hey everyone, I have a 2019 Precept 36 A and I'm having issue with 3 of my 5 TVs not getting any cable OTA channels. I have the King Jack and when I turn it on, I can great reception and channels to the outside and living room TV. The the 2 bunk TVs and the main bedroom TV get absolutely nothing. Been like that since day one. Any ideas? I took it to camping World and they were no help of course. I looked up the King Jack OTA and it only shows it has outputs for 2 TVs, which may explain that 2 TVs that have great signal. I tried to replace the splitter that was under one of the bunks, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Perezl2576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony p View Post
My cable from the wet bay was not connected at the wall plate like I said before. the wall plate connection was down the wall about a foot had to get a coat hanger and pull it up and connect it to the wall plate connection then I had cable TV to all TV's.
I've heard of another 31UL owner (a '19) with the same problem.

So, unless I'm mistaken, the cable runs from the wet bay directly to the wall plate (in the cabinet above dinette) *and then* splits off to the other TVs?

Still no joy with our rig. It's been in the shop 6 weeks today. The dealer finally got the schematics last week, but they haven't been helpful.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #30

I was on the fourm this morning to ask the same question: We have a 1 year old 32rlts, love the camper. last week was the first time we were at a camp ground with cable, just could not get it to work. Finally connected the cable directly to the TV Via a hole I drilled in the bottom of the slide out. We normally use a Wally and tailgater Dish system. and that is connected directly to the main TV. All three TVs work off of the antenna, but I have never been able to get any signal from the three inputs, Sat, aux or cable. Yesterday I drilled a hole on the back side of the slide and installed a cable connection box that goes directly to the Wally and the Main TV. To get a Dish signal to the other TVs I use a HDMI transmitter. What a pain. Just tired of messing with it. Hope you all are safe down in south Florida... Tgreen
TMGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:00 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Able View Post
I've heard of another 31UL owner (a '19) with the same problem.

So, unless I'm mistaken, the cable runs from the wet bay directly to the wall plate (in the cabinet above dinette) *and then* splits off to the other TVs?

Still no joy with our rig. It's been in the shop 6 weeks today. The dealer finally got the schematics last week, but they haven't been helpful.
Finally got our rig back. Multiple problems --SAT/CATV inputs reversed in wet bay, coax from wet bay dead-ended in wall near Winegard wallplate switch, another extraneous coax connected instead, Winegard 12V power feed had reversed polarity. Sheesh. *And these are common mistakes*. You'd think Jayco would want to clean up recurring problems on the shop floor, but apparently not.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:45 PM   #32
VKC

I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP and have watched cable on it before. I bought a satellite for it and it all works if I hook up through window from dish to the receiver but not by using cable hookups on the outside( one on either side)
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:24 AM   #33

212 QB coaxial wiring

Received delivery of our new 2023 212. Went to campground next day. Could not get cable or OTA to work. Came home and removed cable cover and proceeded to pull coax from ceiling. Found 2 cables not connected and also noticed the 2 power pass splitters were backwards connections. Because of Thanksgiving week could not call dealer, so decided to trace all coax and identify each wire. I did succeed in identifying all wires. Winegard OTA and radio in, cable input from outside, feed to outside connection under awning , feed to bedroom. All cables were connected backwards or not correct routing. Reduced length of run by several feet. Now I have fantastic OTA to all outputs and after turning amp off have strong cable signal to all outputs. Also radio now pick up multiple channels. So now it works the ways it was designed to work. Factory should have better Quality control of installers.
Hudfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:53 PM   #34
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
I have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP and have watched cable on it before. I bought a satellite for it and it all works if I hook up through window from dish to the receiver but not by using cable hookups on the outside( one on either side)

If you go to the Manuals section at the top of the page then to Misc section and scroll down you will find the cable diagrams for the 29MVP. Those show how to recable to allow for DISH/Directv. There are currently splitters in the line in your unit that will not allow Sat signals to the TV, mainly because it cuts or stops the voltage from the receiver to the antenna.

I also found that if your have some obstruction, pine trees, the signal will make it through but it is weaker and the 25-30 foot coax that came with the dish plus the 20-30 feet inside the RV walls is just about all the receiver voltage can handle and you suffer more signal loss.

I have gone to running the coax along with the Starlink cable in through the passenger side window and to the TV/WiFi above. I thought about bringing them in through the wall with connections but could not bring myself to drill through the wall.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 10:58 PM   #35

I would love those wiring diagrams. I have a 2023 precept 34b. I tried emailing Jayco but no response as of yet. thanks Chris.
candm92596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:27 AM   #36

Jayco 212 QB cable

Only response from Jayco concerning wiring diagram for cable was these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
72F66DE8-759B-4333-9FA2-086BABE932CF.jpg   311E6EBC-B091-48B5-9041-CB15D9EFFAD3.jpg   82AE2C84-167B-4D85-BB84-4E9E78D2E307.jpg   25D8904A-1909-4485-A92C-8486D7DD82AD.jpg  
Hudfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 06:57 AM   #37

Looks like it's wired by a 6 year old kid! What a mess. The ends of the AC ducts are closed off by silver duct tape...how long will that last? Quality is sorely lacking....

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:16 AM   #38

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by candm92596 View Post
I would love those wiring diagrams. I have a 2023 precept 34b. I tried emailing Jayco but no response as of yet. thanks Chris.
Did you provide your vin number? If not, they may not get you the right ones. My recommendation is to call Jayco Motorized Customer Service, and when you get someone on the line tell them what schematics you want and give them your VIN number.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote