Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymirco View Post
Just do not buy a Jayco Precept. I got mine brand new 29 UR 3 weeks ago and it is the worst thing that ever happened to me. Besides all the issues below it drives like crap.
Campingworld and Jayco are not really willing to fix any of the 18 points list that i gave them.
Leaking slide,molded matress, molded wood and carpets, hide a way cabinet that came out in right turns hidding my daughters leg, missing shade in rear, radio not working, overhead bunk bed loose, driver seat armrest broken, and and and, does not stop. Outside mirror folding in at 55mph, cameras not working .Not eaven the main lock is working. No one is able to get a new lock. It's on backorder like almost everything, they say. Since 3 weeks. And i wanted to go on a 2 months trip last week. Now staying at home and repairing everything by mayself. Jayco sucks. Campingworld sucks.

And lf course the "Hum" that you mentioned is not nice, as bad as whole electrical cabinett looks like. Full of garbage, parts, screws even tools.
Did you buy the unit sight unseen? Most of these items would have been obvious on a walkthrough it seems?

Old 05-23-2016, 12:26 PM   #12

Who looks under a matress when buying a brand new motorhome to check for wet and mold down there?

chevymirco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #13

So you bought a brand new camper and Camping World and Jayco flat out denied fixing every single item wrong with it? Just like most people I had some issues from the start but my local dealer took care of everything including several nitpick items. I find it hard to believe that your dealer won't repair anything under warranty but maybe some dealers are just that bad.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #14

The problem is that i bought it at Campingworld in South Carolina and drove it down to Sasrasota, FL. (Was the only one with my prefrered floorplan up there)
The dealer where i bought doesn't care at all, Jayco customer support is terrible. RV was at local Campingworld now for 2 1/2 weeks and did not get the parts from Jayco. Even worse: the radio finally worked but dissapeared in the instrument panel after 5 miles, they put in a new matress but left the molded carpet and wood inside. Took it appart yesterday: all wet still. Wtf! They just do not care at all. There are even small animals in the wood... The not working lock i took apart meanwhile i could make at least the electronic lock working. So i am able to leave for my2 month trip tomorrow.
If anyone want to buy it end of june let me know, will be happy to give it away.

chevymirco is offline   Reply With Quote